L82 or LG8. ??

Elias1552

It's time for a new block, and I don't have much money to spend on a build aftermarket engine for my 95 monte. If anyone knows if I can replace my stock 3.1 l82 with a newer and easier to find lg8 can you let me know. Keep in mind that everything else is stock.

You can use stock PCM with 3500, just have to splice 2 or 3 sensors such as crank sensor together sensor for 3500 with the plug from the 3100. That's how Milzy Motosports swap kits are made, also with 3500 you have to modify the front motor mount bracket a bit to fit it in without drilling extra holes in the Frame, and he said something about needing a spacer for the Throttle Body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the LG8 is virtually the same just came with betters parts, your sensors should all fit, and also depending on the EGR valve type you might not be able to use the upper intake with out an adapter plate. But the uppers are interchangeable since you still have the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can pull out the whole harness and then repin where it goes into the body. But splicing works too.

Knowing what car you're doing the swap in would help us better to help you and get you the right info and maybe a how to.

If im not mistaken all sensors should plug right in, only one you MAY have to splice is for a crank sensor. My 97 monte had a 3400 hooked a 4t60 with stock pcm and harness. When i 4t65 swapped i used a pcm and harness from a 2000 lumina(lg8) and everything plugged right in :)