engine swap questions. 98 S/C 3800 into an 01 originally equipped with a 3100

pbrmeasap2112

First, some of these questions may be answered here or elsewhere on the interwebz. I know this, and i am currently searching for answers to alot of these things already. I am just trying to expedite the process (or be lazy, however you want to call it is fine with me, lol). If its already posted up in here on another thread, and your going to tell me to f*** off, please at least include a link to the place where the answer is already covered along with your comment telling me to f*** off. It would be much appreciated. I have been absent from this forum for a few years, and there is alot of data to sort through.

Now. On to brass tack's.

Had two great deals fall into my lap. Have an 01 Century with a blown up 3100, while searching for a suitable replacement engine i stumbled onto a rolled over 98 Regal GS with a properly modified Supercharged 3800. I'm planning on swapping the powertrain of the Regal into the Century.

Mechanically this is a no-brainer for me. however i am curious what i should expect as far as electronics go.

engine bay:

Will the wiring harness's/ECM's be plug and play?

Dash/Gauges:

The gauge cluster of the Regal was rebuilt (no dead displays! :biggrin:) Will i have to reprogram anything when i put it in the Century? was there a different wiring harness used in the century that wouldnt allow certain gauges/displays of the Regal's guage to function...? Is the data depicting mileage stored within the gauge or is it stored in the BCM?

Transmission:

not swap or electronics related, but did these transmissions come from the factory with a limited slip diff? does anyone know the final drive ratio, as well as if there are any alternative ratios available..?

also, is there a good no B.S. site showing all the factory specs of these cars (track performance) engine's (depicting internal differences between the N/A 3800 vs S/C 3800, like whether or not the S/C 3800 has forged pistons/crank/rods, etc)

Better yet, is there a good site showing in detail the evolution of the Series 1 / Series 2 / Series 3.8L's?

Thanks in advance for any help & input.

Welcome to the forum, this is the place you want to be for info on a swap like that. There's a ton of stuff in the FAQ section to get you started.