1993 GP Blower Motor

GP1138

I searched and searched but came up empty. Anyone ever dealt with a non-blowing blower motor? I will be going out tomorrow to check it manually (jump 12v to the motor) but I checked all fuses and etc and didn't find anything blown other than the CTSY fuse keeps blowing over and over.

The HVAC panel lights up and I can change fan speeds but nothing comes out of the vents. I'm guessing the motor is probably bad, but again, just wanted to check to see if there are any quick checks here.

I had to pop a new blower motor/squirrel cage into my '93 Lumina in my Dad's driveway in February. Very do-able, but no fun at all.

The old motor was completely wiped. Stiff to turn, and it seemed to be very "notchy" when rotated by hand. The new motor was much smoother.

There were two kinds of replacement motors: Cheap-shit Communist Chinese motors that looked NOTHING like the original, but cost $65; and the Genuine AC-Delco "exact replacement" (their claim, not mine) motor that cost $165, and looked EXACTLY like...the cheap-junk Chinese motor, except with a Made In Canada sticker on it.

There was no such thing as a motor that looked like the original...but the AC-Delco fit perfectly and has worked fine from then 'til now, perhaps five years.

If I were you, I'd put a test light on the power connector to the motor. If it's getting power--but doesn't spin--the motor is bad, or the air box is stuffed full of mouse nest. (Which probably means that the motor is also bad.)

Mine stopped last month, twice, both times I whacked it with the handle of my snowbrush and it came back to life. It's been fine for weeks now (pause to knock on wood) but I'll replace it this summer.