dont know what to do

ripp

So ive been into cutlass convertibles since 1995 ive had 2 92s a 93 and 2 94s and ive been working on a 91 for the last year. Ive added hud, dic, redone the back set fronts are being done now replaced the back window.repainted the windshield moldings and cleaned It uped pretty good.it is a rust free car from ca. Never repainted just has some minor dents in it. Still needs a new top, center caps and a motor it runs but has a knock. Im torn because I love these cars but I found something else that I want. So should I finish this and keep it or let it go now and let some one else finish it.? What would you do,?

post-2237-143689156087_thumb.jpg

post-2237-143689156091_thumb.jpg

post-2237-143689156102_thumb.jpg

What else do you want?

If you can engine swap yourself, that is a pretty cheap thing to do. Wouldn't take TOOO much to fix up but sometimes moving on is the better idea

Another thought, you'll be lucky to get $500 for that vert as it sits, the market just isn't really there for these cars especially when they need work.

Sometimes you have to drive them more to 'get out of the hole'.

Welcome to the W-body torture merry-go-round. Enjoy the ride!

The sad thing about these cars is that they're rare, but they don't command much of a premium. You'd be lucky to sell it for 800 tops, and only someone that's really into Oldsmobiles would buy it. It's worth more in parts than whole, and that's just because at the end, it's still a GM car with a 60 degree engine. To be honest, W bodies are good as cars that you enhance them to look good and just keep em around to show off than actually flipping them. These cars (moreso the Vert) will get everyone's attention if done right because there's not many 1st gen's around anymore, but to buy one is so easy. The thing is that people naturally overpad the price to get their real searching price,so we see $5000 W bodies that are really worth $3000.

The best thing to do here is just to suck it up and keep the car. Unless the other car is triple digits, you wouldn't even be able to simply swap cars. That's just because there's not a cult following for the verts how there is for a 94-96 Impala.

With good paint job, I would also be interested. Bad thing is that these font pull premium $ yet. But this would be good project for engine swap. Have pics of interior?

I would either continue fix or sell it to someone who would fix and appreciate.

After thinking about it im just going to finsh this car up. and keep it for a while. Its almost there ,motor is going to be my biggest thing to do. Ive already got the interior almost done just need to sew up my front seats, put a top on it. And have a paint less dent guy fix a couple of small dents. After all I dont think I will find another rust free 91 convertible with the org. Paint and top on it here in michigan.