Planning time, Pulley drop!

Booba

Hey guys, I've been taking leaps and bounds ahead with my car, so I'm starting to plan a pulley drop now. I'm kind of up in the air with which size though. I have Gen V supercharger, so from what I've ready the upgrade of going from a Gen III to a Gen V is like a 0.2 inch pulley drop in itself. For example: Gen III w\3.6 inch pulley=Gen V w\3.8 inch pulley, Gen III w\3.2-Gen V w\3.2, etc. When I ran an HAI, stock exhaust, and stock tune, I very rarely had 1 degree of knock retard. I now have SD headers, the same HAI, and still have a stock tune and since installing the header I haven't seen any Kr at all. I will be getting a tune before the pulley drop, I'm not too sure who to go with and there is NO ONE even remotely local to tune it in the car. So, I'll have to with a canned tune of some sorts...Anyone recommend a box tune? Also, I'm up in the air on which pulley I should go with, a 3.4, 3.5, or 3.6? I'm wondering if I could get away with a 3.4 without any intercooler.

Thanks guys!

We have 2 different setups, a Gen III and Gen V supercharger and I have not run across anymore running a 3.4 on a Gen V. A 3.4 on my Gen V is like you putting a 3.2 on your Gen III.

Edited by Booba

I think you'd be safe to stick with a 3.6 on the Gen V blower. Knowing the mods you have done and the fact that you are getting a box tune makes me think you don't want to go too extreme.

Oh yea, I only run the best gas I can get around here, 91 Octane with no ethanol. I'm really thinking the lowest I'll go will be a 3.5, or maybe even a 3.6, but that kinda makes me wonder if it's even worth it for only a 0.2 inch drop.

I will be getting a tune for sure, but do you guys think I might be able to get away with a stock tune and a 3.6? That way I'd buy the pulley first THEN the tune, if not, it'll be the other way around of course, lol. Also, what kind of tune do you guys recommend? I've heard nothing but bad things about ZZP, okay things about Wbodystore, and on GPF I hear great things about Overkill...over here I think I read a few bad things about them.