Delco Moraine ABS III Manual GM book

shurup

I have the general troubleshooting/repair information from the factory service manuals if you need anything from that. I do not have this book in particular.

My PM3 does not have any errors, and brake & antilock lamp not lighting. I made ​​the tool to check the pressure, it indicates that the accumulator is charged, the pressure switch is OK. But each time when I press the brake pedal immediately motor pump is run, hold the pedal motor pump starts every 20-25 seconds. Maybe somebody knows how to fix it?post-6315-143689154838_thumb.jpg

Edited by shurup

Shurup, the precharge pressure of the accumulator is listed as 1200psi in the service manuals. It doesn't necessarily have to be 1200psi for it to function fine, but 500psi is getting low which will cause longer and more frequent pump running. Are you sure the antilock light in the cluster works on your car? I'm assuming you've checked that already, but I wanted to ask just to confirm. When they get low, they usually trigger the amber anti-lock light.

I don't recall a detailed diagram of the unit as pictured above in the factory manuals. I can copy some stuff from the manual for you later.

Ok, but in HYDRAULIC DIAGNOSIS (1)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15714[/ATTACH]

And, why when I hold the pedal motor pump starts every 20-25 seconds?

What I'm saying is you're close to the point where the accumulator charge low enough to cause the pump motor to run more often to build pressure back up to what the unit wants it to be. Pre-charge on our OEM accumulators was rated at 1200psi for what it's worth. With a good charge, you get more brake pedal presses OR more time holding the pedal down before the pump needs to run. There's some time based tests that can confirm your charge is low. I won't be able to grab any info for you until tomorrow, but I'll copy a large portion of the factory service manual PMIII troubleshooting section then. It will be around ~7-8pm EST tomorrow before I'm able to post it.

Here's the full page from the accumulator test that you posted a small picture of. If you need more info, let me know. I'm planning on scanning all the PMIII info from the service manual sometime soon for everyone here to reference.

Click the thumbnail images for larger photos.

th_957881179_image8_122_35lo.jpg th_595788869_image7_122_633lo.jpg

Thanks.

I try to install Olaer rechargeable hydraulic accumulator.

These are readily available in Kiev.

http://www.olaer.nl/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/10/Diaphragm-Accumulator-100-250-bar_Datasheet.pdf

Edited by shurup

• 2 weeks later...
I installed accumulator and now the brakes are excellent.

Good to hear. :thumbsup: If you don't mind posting it: How much do those rechargeable accumulators cost over there and what's the price for a recharge?

I paid for the accumulator with the adaptor $ 257, free charging, recharging will cost about $ 30.

That doesn't seem too bad for what you've got considering the recharges are reasonably priced. Whenever I'm in need of another one, I might take this same route since Olaer seems to have operations in the US as well. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having a very similar issue with my Grand Prix GTP. Can you tell me what the part # is for the accumulator you installed? 

They are nearly impossible to find.  

I am having a very similar issue with my Grand Prix GTP. Can you tell me what the part # is for the accumulator you installed?

He had a custom ordered accumulator. No idea on part number. He also converted to vacuum brakes not too long after posting this. I forget if he had an issue with the accumulator or his master cylinder failed later.