Oldsmobiles with digital/automatic climate control

I have a question for those of you with Oldsmobiles that have the digital ATC (mostly for those of you that the car came with it, not that you put it in yourself).

DOES YOUR A/C COMPRESSOR STAY ON ALL THE TIME?????

It does not matter if I have it on AUTO, DEFOG, DEFROST, BI-LEV, UPPER, LOWER, FAN ON HIGH OR LOW. My compressor does not turn off unless I turn the car off, turn the unit totally off, pull a fuse or the relay. I know that Brian P. is haveing the same problem. I was just wondering if it is suppose to do that, or if I have something messed up.

Taylor

I have a question for those of you with Oldsmobiles that have the digital ATC (mostly for those of you that the car came with it, not that you put it in yourself).

DOES YOUR A/C COMPRESSOR STAY ON ALL THE TIME?????

It does not matter if I have it on AUTO, DEFOG, DEFROST, BI-LEV, UPPER, LOWER, FAN ON HIGH OR LOW. My compressor does not turn off unless I turn the car off, turn the unit totally off, pull a fuse or the relay. I know that Brian P. is haveing the same problem. I was just wondering if it is suppose to do that, or if I have something messed up.

Taylor

YES! My CS has exhibited this ever since I owned it. It only seems the A/C compressor will NOT run when the outside temp is below freezing.