OBD ECM Tuning 95 Monte Carlo 3.1 Custom

Michael Savage

Getting 0-60 in 7-9 seconds with my close to stock build I designed. Looking to have it tuned but on a low budget. Anyone know a place in or near Memphis TN where I can have it tuned cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i guarantee between 0 and 1 will have the hardware and software required. they'll all say "OBD1.5, not tuneable" or they just won't care to spend the time/money on it for the 1 or 2 cars they might ever want to modify the calibration on.

i'm not trying to be an ass, just that this is reality. it took far too long for a flashing program to get released for an unloved and dwindling platform. i worked directly with Madtuner to get this off the ground(we had a decent thread going on 60degreev6.com), then about a year later, Tunercat added the capability to flash them as well to their existing 94-95 LT1 flashing program.

if i had to guess..... i would say that there are probably 200 people or less in the world that have either program, probably 90-95% of which are individuals, not shops.

it really isn't that expensive to get into either..... an ALDL cable(DIY or otherwise) and either Madtuner's or Tunercat's flashing program and you have everything needed to read/program the PCM, then either tunerpro and the correct XDF or tunercat and the correct TDF and you have editing capabilities. i've used the madtuner program probably near 100 times on my own vehicle and couple of other people's cars, each time without issue. i can't speak for tunercat, i've never used it.

The truth of the matter is far worse. There's a rather small number of our cars still out there, and maybe 20-30 people nationwide that actually WANT to tune their cars. There's not that much interest, because there's a very small market of people wanting that, and very little money to be made.

sounds like there is tuning for it everyone is scared to do it

You need the PCM, under hood harness, MAF sensor, transmission gear sensor, obd2 connector, downstream O2 or simulator (or tune out). Couple of other things I can't remember right now. Also will need to Re-pin the interior harness where it connects to the under hood harness. Your best bet is to find a 96-97 Lumina or Monte, grab all harnesses and PCM and go to town. Something with the trans changed in '99? I think... will make it harder than a 97 swap.

The truth of the matter is far worse. There's a rather small number of our cars still out there, and maybe 20-30 people nationwide that actually WANT to tune their cars. There's not that much interest, because there's a very small market of people wanting that, and very little money to be made.

is the word you are looking for actually "willing", or is it still "unaware"? there ain't no tuning section still, to direct people to.