'94 chime module

Reride

I put a '94 chime module in my '92 CSC yesterday. I found a pin-out for it after searching the site and installed it ( had a hard figuring out schematic, but I did).

The grn went to TSS, ppl went to turn sig., lt. blu went to lt. blu on pdl relay, and blk went to blk on pdl relay ( I didn't connect the oran/blk. wire).

Everything works as it is suppose to except the auto lock. I switched the module out with another one and same results. Do these modules fail often? Or did I miss something? Thanks , Steve

I think you missed something.

The C2 connector pinout is as follows:

A - N/A

B - DARK GREEN - VSS (Vehice Speed Sensor)

C - LIGHT BLUE - LOCK switch

D - PINK - Goes to the park neutral switch

E - BLACK - UNLOCK FUSE in the component center (UNLOCK from door switch)

F - N/A

Make sure that you have the BLACK wire hooked up to the actual UNLOCK wire, and not a GROUND.

Make sure that the VSS is hooked up.

I personally do NOT connect the pink one. When you connect the PINK wire to the Transaxle range switch,

that makes it so when you put the car in gear,it automatically locks the door. I leave this wire disconnected.

Leaving it disconnected makes it so the car will lock AFTER the car starts moving (around 5-10 MPH).

Most likely, you hooked up the BLACK wire to the BLACK wire on the relay (which you said).

The BLACK wire on the RELAY is a GROUND. Switch the BLACK wire from the chime module

to the WHITE wire on the relay. The WHITE wire is the relay's UNLOCK (meaning your module is not

getting a completed circuit).

Edited by Taylor

Thank you very much for the response! The pin-outs I have are the same as you have except instead of a pk/blk wire mine has a org/blk wire. After rechecking my connections and taking it for a spin all is well. G.M. does some strange stuff with their wiring sometimes I guess. Again Thank You.

the "speed vs gear" lock was done for the manual transmission cars. No Park/Neutral switch in the manual cars, so they needed some way to engage the "lock" feature of the chime module, so the VSS signal was put in as an alternative.

I prefer the VSS lock myself. Still have not changed my 97 to the VSS lock, but just a matter of time.