Rear sway bar bushing

jman093

I just bought an addco bar for the TGP. I had no idea addco used that jank-ass build-a-bracket method of mounting the thing. Looks like it'll flex like spaghetti or probably break. I know the addco on my old GTP was mounted the factory way when I bought it from Paul. I think he must have mounted with 95 Z34 sway bar bushings, which are also 22mm. Smart move. These bushings are discontinued from GM (what isn't?) and aren't available aftermarket (unsurprising being such a rare bar). Searching around, BXX once said in an old thread:

and for the inner bracket bushings, get the Moog 21mm from Napa (nobody makes 22mm inners, I dunno why) which should be urathane.

He doesn't get on here anymore. This is a long shot, but would anyone know what Moog bushing he would've been talking about? Obviously gonna need either a part number or application to find it.

If all else fails I might try and buy the 20mm bar bushings and either see if they'll jive squished down, or see if I can bore them out a little to function.

I don't have an addco, but if it's the same size as the monte, check my suspension build thread. Alternately, I have his phone number I can PM to you, but I doubt he remembers off hand

Went through all 17 pages of the thread. You never install the 95 Z34 bar during that time. Did you ever put one on? If so I'm guessing you just used the JY bushings already on it?

Energy suspension has poly bushings off all kinds of sizes, they might have what you need. Can usually order them from AutoZone if they do not already have them on the sales floor. I've got a `96 Z34 bar I was about to look into getting bushings for it. Pretty sure I saw the 7/8s size there last time but might just go with a factory '95 MC inner bushing if I cannot find a poly one.

Energy suspension has poly bushings off all kinds of sizes, they might have what you need. Can usually order them from AutoZone if they do not already have them on the sales floor. I've got a `96 Z34 bar I was about to look into getting bushings for it. Pretty sure I saw the 7/8s size there last time but might just go with a factory '95 MC inner bushing if I cannot find a poly one.

A 96 would be the 20mm bar. You can get that inner bushing from any number of places.

My bad! I just realized that I did the monte bar later! :nunzipalm: sorry! I had already ordered the bushings otherwise, but didn't have a bar when we did the rest of the overhaul