Took the buick on an adventure to Kentucky

Mercury-Regal

hi it's me again, probably don't know who...but..First time I drove alone on a long trip (I did trips that were longer with my dad, including driving the whole distance with a stick shift), but anyway, I drove to KY to visit my boyfriend, and I've taken a liking for this car. Got the car inspected and the wheels balanced, alternator tested- all that for my trip because my parents didn't want me to go with a bad car- like the Grand marq, it has bad o2 sensors. So last minute trying to fix the car, my parents are like "no, you need to take the tanturd, the merc has old tires", so it's dark and cold and I'm trying to get the buickready and I'm cursing at it cause I hated it..haha

So a week later I'm taking a liking to this turd and having fun, sure it has half the horses, but it also has 100k+ less miles. So I'm going to try and buy it off my parents instead of the grand-yacht

PICS

Some random airplane park we stumbled across in bowling green

1911739_10201040061357175_763339347_n.jpg

Coolest thing I've ever seen in my life also, this was in Nashville, thing is massive and will turn my turd into a pancake.

It was pushed Florida to Nashville TN by a little itty bitty tugboat!! Navigated through 3 lane streets, took about 21 days, it's about 3 semi trucks wide. 10 mother screwing gallons per mile. Shame I left my DSLR at home, I could have had fun shooting. Lol

IMPORTED FROM CANADA! woo!!

1966241_10201049094182990_1424384607_o.jpg

1958068_10201049091102913_634325547_n.jpg

1602170_10201049096863057_110617202_o.jpg

1559514_10201049100383145_53998993_o.jpg

Got a little something for my keys...heh heh heh, yeah, it's dubbin hard now. LOL my bf rolled his eyes. He doesn't mind driving it though, I've been letting him all week use it to get to work since I blocked in his car, he says for transportation it's a great car..told him I wanted a glasspack, tinted windows/tails/smoked headlights, different wheels definitely..."If you want to drive a loud car, you have a key to the loudest car in the world.." Well you're no fun haha! Well, I've had so much fun but I have to head home tomorrow because my parents are making BS excuses about me needing to be home...

post-7957-14368915291_thumb.jpg

Wow, that thing is cool. It's not weird to hear that the Century is growing on you, w-bodies have a tendency to do that.

Believe it or not, the Cherry Bomb glasspack sounds great on a 3100. I'll steal and slightly modify a quote that is in the signature of member Virtuetovice:

"Who knew that a pansy-ass 2.8 3100 V6 would sound so glorious?" :lol:

Thanks!! He lives there, I'll be moving there within the next month or so, I'm actually looking to go out and buy my first car tomorrow. Since I can't manage to get either car with what I offer my parents.

But it took me the longest time to like the century cause it's only 1/2 the power and size as the grand marquis. but it did grow on me and is a pretty nice car.

Also, I have never in my life seen so many wbodies (SPECIALLY beige centuries just like this one) than I did in Kentucky. HAHA I almost forgot where I parked with it.

What are you looking at getting? A W? :D

I know how you feel about so many beige Centuries. There are a ton here too. I used to park next to them intentionally :lol:

Kinda hard to make a Bingo Beige Century stand out ;)

84c97858-291d-4770-9946-98c10aeffa54_zps0e1ff5dc.jpg

"Lane Motor Museum" in nashville, Well worth the visit, spent all day there ooo'ing and aahh-ing

Thanks! It went pretty smoothly, Since I'm inexperienced- my insurance was quoted at 2k for 6 months and I said forget it and parked the car in my friend's driveway and had him take me home, next day I tried every place in town and went with state farm since it was 330 for two months. exactly what I needed. Got the tag...and um...going to go get her saturday.

My parents didn't know until I told them last night ah-ha-ah, that was pretty stressful. but I think they're over that. I'll be sure to get hi rez pics eventually.

She's a 1994 Buick Roadmaster limited, her name is Mabel Toastmaster! lol I don't even know how this happened...122k miles, blue leather is nice, suspension will need work, pulls to the left and steering wheel isn't straight. Some trim missing, caprice discs (I like, but my bf says they have to go..), Looovee the horn, shifts like new, dual exhaust.

Only pics, I was in a huge hurry to get out of winston salem because it was icing....also way too cold for me to want to take pics. haha

10003894_10201106020406110_1412075179_n.jpg

post-7957-143689153407_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689153362_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689153369_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689153385_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689153391_thumb.jpg

Oh god yes...I actually found out the horn didn't work when I tried to get my friend's attention, so he put a fuse in and sent me a video of it working. Sounds perfect.

I love me some big cars, this is coming from..well I guess used to be diehard ford fan- I would take this over panthers. I'm pretty well known on that community too, so it'd be a shock.

anyway, Roadmaster > anything else right now. Absolutely in love.

My friend updated me, he washed and waxed 'er. I have such a great friend :D

post-7957-143689153422_thumb.jpg

post-7957-143689153413_thumb.jpg

"Lane Motor Museum" in nashville, Well worth the visit, spent all day there ooo'ing and aahh-ing

I've heard of that place but never been there. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Congrats on the Roadmonster!

Wish i could find one of the big body RWD GM's I miss my M73 Panther talk for Grand marquis LS. Made right about 300 at the wheels when i was done with it. Was even a full time one wheel wonder car because i could not keep the standard Trac Loc clutch disks in one peice lol. To damn cheap to put Carbon clutches in

photo.jpg M73 next to GF P73

This was my first Panther back in 2009

this was a 95 the silver was a 97

19457.jpg

Yup she made noise this was before most of the suspension work was done an exhaust system welded up.

photo3.jpg

just thought id share with a fellow panther lover.. BTW Gorgeous Sedan