eBay etiquette ?

ACTdryice

"Sold" my one of my w body's on eBay yesterday, I haven't heard a pep from the buyer. I've made some big purchases and sold some big$$ items on eBay with mostly good success, and I've always made or had immediate contact after the sale. I have another person interested in the car with cash in hand, how long do I wait before I bail on the eBay sale? I know eBay has guidelines abt this subject, but I put deposit immediately after auction and ain't heard a thing. Thoughts?

If your auction states that you require payment within 24 hours of auction end (that's typical) and the buyer hasn't responded, you're in the clear. How long has it been? If it's been less than 24 hours, I would wait a bit. Send the buyer a message. After 24 hours, cash talks.

I'll assume the TGP is sold (and in that case that is great!)

But people don't read shit on eBay so be ready to either dispute it or prepare for negative feedback. I used to sell quite a bit on eBay but I quit a few years ago when they changed the "rules" of the auctions. Hopefully your auction rules are tight enough and you'll win!

Yes on the TGP, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, I sent them an email just to let me know one way or another that they are or aren't interested. And yes eBay has really screwed their site up, only buyers can leave neg feedback? Total BS. I know that people back out on cars all the time.

I think it ended around 5 last night. I'd say give him until the end of the day to make contact. If you don't hear from him, sell for cash, and immediately file a non-paying bidder dispute.