New here...with an Impala

munson

A few weeks ago I got a '12 Impala LTZ. Those are still W-bodies right? I've had a few other W-bodies in the past (90 Lumina, 93 Grand Prix GT & 99 Grand Prix GT), the were all good cars.

Anyone else have an Impala here? I haven't seen many just browsing around the forums...

Yup its a w :). Btw i absolutely love impala ltz 18" wheels :)

A few weeks ago I got a '12 Impala LTZ. Those are still W-bodies right? I've had a few other W-bodies in the past (90 Lumina, 93 Grand Prix GT & 99 Grand Prix GT), the were all good cars.

Anyone else have an Impala here? I haven't seen many just browsing around the forums...

Holy cow, you joined in 2011 and just made your first post in 4 years.

Hahah yeah I wondered if anyone would notice that. I joined in 2011 for some reason or another, I think to answer some question I saw posted, but never did.

Thanks for the welcomes. Only thing I've done to it so far is 15% tint. I have the black headlight housings ordered, they should be here this week. I plan to plasti-dip the lettering and bowties black, smoke the taillights and add chrome exhaust tips...and that'll be it for now.

The 2012 & 13's have the 3.6L (same as the base Camaro) with 300hp...this thing really moves good. I love it so far.

Here's a few pics....

IMG_20140126_152928_zpsf5c2654a.jpg

IMG_20140126_152959_zps1b20eb32.jpg

IMG_20140126_152911_zps941d1a34.jpg

Welcome to the forum!! Those are indeed still on the W platform, and will continue to be until 2016.

I really like that gen Impala. The 3.6 is no joke, and the 6-speed transmission is worlds better than the old 4-speed.

I nearly got a 2006 Impala over my Grand Prix simply because it had the 3900 V6, but it had almost no options. My GP isn't exactly loaded, but it does have black leather with heated seats which is my favorite interior to have.

I have an Impala but the previous generation. I like the new model other than they look a little too bland for me, even in the SS trim, but they're very comfortable and ride well.

Yeah, I agree they are almost a perfect generic mobile...there are dozens of this body style around, that's why I'm make a few subtle changes to make mine just a little bit different.

Welcome to the forum!! Those are indeed still on the W platform, and will continue to be until 2016.

I really like that gen Impala. The 3.6 is no joke, and the 6-speed transmission is worlds better than the old 4-speed.

I nearly got a 2006 Impala over my Grand Prix simply because it had the 3900 V6, but it had almost no options. My GP isn't exactly loaded, but it does have black leather with heated seats which is my favorite interior to have.

I saw that they are keeping the W-body Impala until 2016 as the Limited, for fleet sales. Pretty impressive run for the W-body platform, just short of 30 years by the time it's over.

With the exceptions of a few Chevy's (85 Monte SS, 89 Z24, 90 Lumina) I was a die-hard Pontiac guy for most of my life...I hate that they killed off Pontiac.

This Impala replaces a 2010 Dodge Avenger, which was a good car....but they are worlds apart in so many ways. I'm glad to be back in a GM product.

I dont blame you :). We got an 08 ltz in on trade at the car where i used to work right after i got my monte. I snuck around and tried one of the wheels on my car. Wanted a set ever since :)

I doubt I will change them...but you never know lol

Welcome. You have a great looking impala. Always liked the wheels on the LTZ.

Thanks for the welcomes. Only thing I've done to it so far is 15% tint. I have the black headlight housings ordered, they should be here this week. I plan to plasti-dip the lettering and bowties black, smoke the taillights and add chrome exhaust tips...and that'll be it for now.

The black headlights look good on these cars. Instead of plasti-diping the letters I would go ahead and debadge the car. Have you considered the smoked LED tails instead of tinting your stockers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-10-Chevy-Impala-LS-LT-SS-LTZ-50th-LED-Red-Smoke-Tail-Lights-Rear-Lamps-New-09-/190836319166?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AImpala&hash=item2c6ebb23be&vxp=mtr

Welcome. You have a great looking impala. Always liked the wheels on the LTZ.

The black headlights look good on these cars. Instead of plasti-diping the letters I would go ahead and debadge the car. Have you considered the smoked LED tails instead of tinting your stockers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-10-Chevy-Impala-LS-LT-SS-LTZ-50th-LED-Red-Smoke-Tail-Lights-Rear-Lamps-New-09-/190836319166?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AImpala&hash=item2c6ebb23be&vxp=mtr

Thanks for reminding me to add my Fuelly info to my sig.:thumbsup:

I did look at those tails, but I'm not a big fan of LEDs, and they don't make those (that I've seen) for regular bulbs. I actually want it a shade darker too anyway.

I thought about debadging too, but I want to try this first. There isn't anything on the car anyway except the front & rear bowtie, and the Impala LTZ on the trunk. (I've already removed the flex-fuel emblem).

Welcome! Love the car. For some reason I want a base LS with the 3.6. The quirkiness in me likes how Chevy offered the big motor in the bare bones trim line.

My dad has an 07 LTZ and he loves it.

Thanks for reminding me to add my Fuelly info to my sig.:thumbsup:

Ha No problem .

I did look at those tails, but I'm not a big fan of LEDs, and they don't make those (that I've seen) for regular bulbs. I actually want it a shade darker too anyway.

I thought about debadging too, but I want to try this first. There isn't anything on the car anyway except the front & rear bowtie, and the Impala LTZ on the trunk. (I've already removed the flex-fuel emblem).

I just saw that they state is from 06-10. Are the tails on the 2012 different from the 2010?

Sounds like the car is looking better with that flex fuel emblem already gone.

I don't care what others say, that's a nice car you got there!! I would love to have a 2012 Impala LTZ with the 3.6 one day as a work car.

Anyways, you could get the led tail lights, and smoke them out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-IMPALA-EURO-RED-CLEAR-LENS-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-WHITE-LED-LICENSE-PLATE-BULBS-/321295021160?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012|Model%3AImpala&hash=item4aceacf468&vxp=mtr

They do fit the 2012, and they will probably fit any Impala made in that body style until they stop making them and I think it would look good

The tails are at 0:50.

• 2 weeks later...