Glowshift gauges?

Imp558

Anybody run glowshift gauges? I'm looking for descent cost effective fuel pressure, boost, and a/f and found these:

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinted-7-Color-100PSI-Fuel-Pressure-Gauge.aspx

post-4528-143689151887_thumb.jpg

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-35-psi-boost-gauge.aspx

post-4528-143689151891_thumb.jpg

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-air-fuel-ratio-gauge.aspx

post-4528-143689151893_thumb.jpg

I know the A/F gauge isn't wideband, probably should spring for a better one.

The same site has a pretty cool dashtop pod that I liked:

post-4528-143689151897_thumb.jpg

I'd like to know if anybody has experience with them, keeping in mind that this whole assemble is under $200.

Also, we have the same thread on our fuel pressure test port as an LS engine, right? Need to order the adapter doodle.

Edited by Imp558

Those do look cool, I just found info on making HpTuners take a wideband through the A/C Pressure input, that may be a better idea so I can log it easier.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-scan-and-tune/1705471-connecting-wideband-via-egr-or-a-c-pressure-in-hp-tuners.html

Really cool would be if I could replace the rear o2 with the WB sensor and use the rear o2 hi input and set up HPT for it.

This requires meditation ..

Edited by Imp558

Looks like if I step up the the Elite 10 color series I get a 3-wire Fuel pressure sensor that should be 0-5V and be able to be tapped into HPTuners, and a Linear 0-5V Wideband output to do the same. Looks like I have a plan to datalog Fuel Pressure and A/F Ratio now and the gauges will match.

This requires meditation ..

Tried it, leads to sleep:D

I wouldn't mind setting one up for oil pressure, just to have an actual reading instead of a yay or nay.

oil pressure you could likely repurpose an A/C pressure sender. I don't like the idea of putting fuel to one, but oil should be fine. The histogram and stuff for the A/C pressure should work without modification.

oil pressure you could likely repurpose an A/C pressure sender. I don't like the idea of putting fuel to one, but oil should be fine. The histogram and stuff for the A/C pressure should work without modification.

Might have to try that, once my car warms up and I`ve been driving around the gauge starts to fluctuate and eventually read 0 setting the check engine light off. Been told it was an inline resistor or wiring short but haven't looked into it yet. If it was low pressure I'm sure something bad would have happened by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody verify that the L67 uses the same Schrader valve as the LS Series engines? I'm ordering tonight and would like to get the 1/8 npt to rail adapter at the same time.

• 7 months later...

Well that took like a LOT longer than it should have to get around to installing. Originally these were slated to go into a 3-Gauge pod on top of the dash but now I have everything to put the Bonneville HUD in so they had to go elsewhere.

Still have to install the O2 sensor for the wideband but the Fuel Pressure and Boost are done and functioning.

My first impression is that Glowshift gauges are a bit gimmicky, multiple colors being the big feature and all. They could be a little brighter by day but the big problem with reading them is how crazy glossy the crystals are, they always have a ton of glare.

Overall I don't regret getting them and they did come with the cups and all the hardware, sensors and wiring.

post-4528-143689169063_thumb.jpg