AC Delco Bose system question

91z34lumina

Okay so I have being searching alot through all this forum about my factory bose system I have in my car. I really havent found the right answer as to what came with it. My car is a 1991 lumina z34 and I have speakers in the dash, in the doors and in behind the back seats. I have heard that the lumina z34 that came with the bose units eliminated the dash speakers. Well besides that I have a problem with it as well. The sound that comes out of them is like if the antenna is trying to find signal but my antenna is intact and there is absolutely no bass in them whatsoever. While driving or accelerating the sound goes higher but could sound really low at times as well. Distorted and muffled and just sound like crap really. Do you guys think my HU is toast or my amp?

• 4 months later...

Okay I am bumping this. Well okay I have being busy lately I have another project and its a 90 Cougar 5 speed XR7 supercharged stock that Ive being trying to make it run right. Well anyways again about my stereo. . I can say my 92 z34, has 2 in the dash, 2 at each door and the ones at the back. Total of 6. Just wanted to point that out. But anyways I am having problems with distortion and problems with alot of static when trying to raise the volume and no sound most of the time or very erratic sound coming out of my front door speakers. I have no clue and need just a little of guidance.

post-10124-143689163147_thumb.jpg

post-10124-143689163156_thumb.jpg

post-10124-143689163165_thumb.jpg

post-10124-143689163176_thumb.jpg

Edited by 91z34lumina

I think the bose setup in the Lumina was a 4 speaker setup. I would try unhooking the dash speakers and see if that changes anything. Bose speakers are NOT wired the same as normal speakers so if someone tried to add dash speakers it would probably do really weird things.