Hello everyone

91z34lumina

Hey everyone! Well what can I say, just purchased a 91 lumina z34 with an automatic tranny. I tried hard finding a 5 speed but came across this one I purchased and totally fell in love with it. It has 88,xxx miles. Interior is in great shape. I got all the maintenance records since the car came out of the dealership. I am the 3rd owner and the previous owner which was an elderly lady bought it with 29,000 miles. Really excited about it and I will be looking to take care of this car. By the way my brother had a z34 back in the day and I always loved it. It was this or a 5 speed sho but I found this to be in much better shape than all those 91-94 5 speed sho's. With that said hi to all and I will be looking forward to this community as I will have many questions. :biggrin:

Yes it is fun but for some reason I cant get the tires to spin. Not that I am racing or trying to burn rubber but just for testing purposes only. My brother 93 z34 would do that without any problem. So I have bought MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner) maybe that will clean all of my top end since the previous owner of this car was an old lady. So it has never seen the pedal to the metal. I am trying to get this babied as much as possiible because I know there is not many parts available for it. As we speak I am trying to upload some pictures.

That red interior is a pretty rough color but it's a huge throwback to the 90s. :)

And in regards to getting the tires to spin, you won't be able to with an automatic unless you're on wet ground or do a neutral bomb which I definitely don't recommend. The Z34 only puts down what... 120-140 at the wheels?

foot on the break and gas at the same time, slowly bring the rpm's up i guess as high as you can without the car starting to roll from overpowering the brakes then release the break and mash the gas at the same time

No with the car standing still, I would floor it and tires would spin then it would take off. It was stock at least thats what it looked from inside the engine bay. Maybe internally was modified but that car was quicker than mine. If we would be on a 30 roll and floor it was very torqueee. Mine doesnt do that but who knows. I will try this MCCC to see if it helps a little. I notice since acquiring the car and slowly pushed this car to its limits the engine has being loosening alot more.

My cutty used to be able to break the tires loose if I really tried, even chirped going into second once! Now with the GTP being a 5 speed, I bet it's a lot easier (although I haven't tried).

Car looks fantastic other than the aforementioned red interior, and the pinstriping. The car is white though, so that's definitely a plus in my book! :thumbsup:

Hey thanks :biggrin: I know that pinstriping is awful. I will remove it asap. Can you believe I have the receipt where the lady payed I believe 950 dollars for it. LOL About the red interior, I know at first I was like god that is awful but like some other guy said in this same forum.. " you really start getting use to it and slowly as dumb as it sounds, me liking it! By the way that Grand Prix is sick. The one with the black rims and red lip. Could you kindly tell me what kind of wheels and size of them are? I might just put them on my Z.

Hey thanks :biggrin: I know that pinstriping is awful. I will remove it asap. Can you believe I have the receipt where the lady payed I believe 950 dollars for it. LOL About the red interior, I know at first I was like god that is awful but like some other guy said in this same forum.. " you really start getting use to it and slowly as dumb as it sounds, me liking it! By the way that Grand Prix is sick. The one with the black rims and red lip. Could you kindly tell me what kind of wheels and size of them are? I might just put them on my Z.

They're infinity G35 wheels that I cleaned up, painted black, and put an orange pinstripe on :thumbsup: (Click my mods list link, and then go to the bottom of page 57)

Did you have to grind the centers to clear the hubs? I had to with my old nissan 350z 17s

They're infinity G35 wheels that I cleaned up, painted black, and put an orange pinstripe on :thumbsup: (Click my mods list link, and then go to the bottom of page 57)

Did you have to grind the centers to clear the hubs? I had to with my old nissan 350z 17s

My old 19"s on my cutlass I did that, I have some small plate spacers on these and they work just fine. I was going to have someone do it professionally, but the only places that could were so backed up. I got lucky with my cutlass ones, I found a guy that lived 20 minutes away when I lived in indiana, that had lots of equipment to do random stuff. Old guy, I think I paid like $60 for him to do all four