Rear strut/suspension questions for my 97 Cutlass Coupe

Mark 97 Cutlass Coupe

I need new struts for the rear of my car. I also want to lower the front and rear. After reading the info on lowering, I have a question. I don't want to go to the expense of the rear coil over setup. Rockauto sells a complete rear strut assembly for $80 per side. If I get the new Rockauto struts, and just replace the monoleaf, will stock struts and the new monoleaf lower the car a few inches? Does anyone know what the new leaf costs? Also, in regards to the front, if I switch to the coil overs, what advantage is that? My ultimate goal is to lower my car overall about 2 inches (more or less) and maintain a good ride. Will the coil over front setup give a better ride than the stock strut with a cut or lowered spring? I don't care about handling, I just a nice drop and a good ride.

If you wanna lower your car, I have a FAF lowering spring and ST springs. And I'm local!

If you want the car to ride nice lowering is not they way to go though.

Is the lowering spring you are talking about the monoleaf for the rear? It would fit my Cutlass? And the ST springs too? How much for both? My car rides kinda rough now because my rear struts are shot.

• 2 weeks later...

The FAF he has is a mono leaf, and the ST are for the front. Great setup at a great price, and you don't even have to worry about shipping. It will all fit the cutlass, but you will still need the new struts. Like he said, lowering won't benefit you in the ride dept

What these guys have said and also look into a rear sway bar if not already equipped, also new strut mounts wouldn`t hurt to much as well as the pucks and pads for the monoleaf going in. Also keep the auxiliary dampers if in place of the sway bar, these things look like squished up figure 8's. It has been said removing these will increase height slightly. Unsure if you can run a rear sway bar and the aux. dampers but I will be attempting this later in the year with the large z34 bar.

I love the way my car rides with ST springs and FAF rear leaf.

I guess it might be too stiff for some people, but I think it feels great. Everything else feels too soft and squishy in comparison.