New to the site.. Long time regal fan. 99Regal GS loving owner.

Suedechrist

Welcome i have a bunch o regal parts on my monte ;)

Hello everyone i hope to enjoy sharing info and tips and i look forward to uploading my many planned detailed how to's and diy's as i dump money into my regal.

So far just a computer and a cold air intake and 18's.. Switched the stereo to an 7 inch touch screen from pioneer with pioneer speakers all around.. . Lol and a 5 point harness babyseat for my boy !! Lol..

I ordered this morning from zzp. Shorter dogbones. Kyb excel gr2 struts front and back.. Anti pogos.. My next purchases will be zzp control arms. Sway bar. Looking at 13' brakes in the front and 12 in the back.. Going to find a leveling kit to bring the front down like the back.. I wont be lowering because i live in saskatchewan lol.. After all that. Gen 5 blower and intercooler. Solid valve covers would be awesome if anyone has any for sale. I have a dakota i am going to slam with bags this summer.

Thank you it is a super clean car. Couple minor scratches and amazingly only one paint fleck off the rear bumper. Gonna get it undercoated and painted soon as well.. Probably just factory again nothin fancy. Cops dont even look at me in my grandpa racer. Lol..

Are you lowering the car?

So far just a computer and a cold air intake and 18's.. Switched the stereo to an 7 inch touch screen from pioneer with pioneer speakers all around.. . Lol and a 5 point harness babyseat for my boy !! Lol..

I ordered this morning from zzp. Shorter dogbones. Kyb excel gr2 struts front and back.. Anti pogos.. My next purchases will be zzp control arms. Sway bar. Looking at 13' brakes in the front and 12 in the back.. Going to find a leveling kit to bring the front down like the back.. I wont be lowering because i live in saskatchewan lol.. After all that. Gen 5 blower and intercooler. Solid valve covers would be awesome if anyone has any for sale. I have a dakota i am going to slam with bags this summer.

Welcome to the forum. You have a good looking regal.

You actually could have gone without the the shorter dog bones. No real need for them since you are not lowered. If you were lowered then the spacers would be a better way to go. Or if you were dead set on shorter dog bones you could have gotten some from a pontiac montana.

The rear sits low due to the rear springs. If you want to level it out you could get some rear intrigue springs to raise the rear end and level out the car. I really don't see a way of you to level out the front other than lowering. If you do go lower, ( a little less than 1") look into vogtland springs. They ride good.

The GMPP handling kit is also a nice upgrade for sway bars. Or you could just get the dorman front which is a 34mm solid bar unlike the GMPP's which are hollow.

Good deal on some GMPP trailing arms which are no longer available.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=5925146&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#5925146

This guy has some GXP front calipers.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=5929776&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#5929776

Theres a reason i asked. Antipogo washers and shorter dogbones arent needed in his case. Shorter dogbones could actually cause problems on a nonlowered cars

^^ He said in the post you quoted he isn't..:lol:

How many miles she got on her?

Theres a reason i asked. Antipogo washers and shorter dogbones arent needed in his case. Shorter dogbones could actually cause problems on a nonlowered cars

Straight from zzp they recommend them .. I dk. How could it cause problems?? Everyone needs them for headers and i havent heard one person say.. Wish these 25 dollar dog bones didnt dick the whole car over.. Anti pogo washers are applicable in any setup and a good idea for high way driving.. Dog bones will allow space for the headers and help with oil pick up and to be quite honest with you bringing my motor forward will help with the 18" rims i have

Straight from zzp they recommend them .. I dk. How could it cause problems?? Everyone needs them for headers and i havent heard one person say.. Wish these 25 dollar dog bones didnt dick the whole car over.. Anti pogo washers are applicable in any setup and a good idea for high way driving.. Dog bones will allow space for the headers and help with oil pick up and to be quite honest with them bringing my motor forwardit will help with the 18" rims i have since i have moved the rotational point of the hub in comparrision to stock just through the size of the rims compared to stock.. I sit half inch off the ground higher than stock. If i lift the motor up the same half in. i will have matched factory weight displacement or closer there to which will help with the cars handling. .. Fwd cars are not like rwd or awd where they like the same rotational forces closer together. Ie.. Boxer engine, vw flat and i cant remember who makes the h engine but all there cranks sit down level or lower than the center of the wheel... Physics.

Actually theyll CAUSE header fitment issues as itll bring the rear header up closer to the tunnel. And theyll put your cv axles in a bind. I dont see how theyd do anything to help with 18s, theyre almost the same tire diameter as the 16s. And i wouldnt go off what zzp says, theyre just trying to make a buck. And after ridding on larger diameter wheels on my monter no ones heard me say "Damn, wish i would have bought zzps marked up factory intrigue dogbones". Which btw is all they are.

Straight from zzp they recommend them .. I dk. How could it cause problems?? Everyone needs them for headers and i havent heard one person say.. Wish these 25 dollar dog bones didnt dick the whole car over.. Anti pogo washers are applicable in any setup and a good idea for high way driving.. Dog bones will allow space for the headers and help with oil pick up and to be quite honest with you bringing my motor forward will help with the 18" rims i have

Actually theyll CAUSE header fitment issues as itll bring the rear header up closer to the tunnel. And theyll put your cv axles in a bind. I dont see how theyd do anything to help with 18s, theyre almiost the same tire diameter as the 16s. And i wouldnt go off what zzp says, theyre just trying to make a buck. And after ridding on larger diameter wheels on my monter no ones heard me say "Damn, wish i would have bought zzps marked up factory intrigue dogbones". Which btw is all they are.
well then scratch dogbones

I almost made the same mistake myself. Did a lot more reading b4 i came up with the cash and learned they were a bad idea unless its been lowered 1"-3"(mines lwered 5") and even then its a band aid. I like your car anted it done right :)

Haha thanks man i want it done right as well.. Im thinking of picking up lowering springs since they advertise a 1" drop i can afford to lose it since my 18's gained me a half inch

Gse? As in everything but heated seats and a sunroof? Lol yeah.. But when i do eventually roll it over 100 i would like to keep my noggen.. Heated seats will be installed as soon as i find them. . If you like my rims they are kv 5 sports.. I have an album on my profile of the car

Wait yours haz no sunroofz???

The wheels definitely aren't bad at all, I'm sure they'll look more "in place" when you lower the car an inch or so.

HUD in your plans at all?

The wheels definitely aren't bad at all, I'm sure they'll look more "in place" when you lower the car an inch or so.

.. Yeah they look good jist kinda funny in that pic but i know what you mean. Yeah no sunroof.. I dont mind that at all. The cars items were handpicked by the first owner. . I dk why he didnt get heated seats either.. It goes well below -40 here and we even seen -55 already this winter. What springs should i buy to lower it?

i see no point in an hud really..

Ever driven a car that has one?

Ours doesn't have heated seats either but we're all the way down in Virginia so temps never really drop below freezing.

Edited by virtuetovice