Gen 3 rims and tires on a Gen 1

91Regalsaloon

I'm interested in putting some 16 inch rims off a Gen 3 regal GS on my Gen 1 regal custom. It looks like the bolt pattern is the same, I'm just concerned about the clearance of the wider tires.

What exactly are you referring to when you speak of Gen 3 Regal?

The 91 Regal is the 3rd Generation Regal (4th if you count the 81-88 Regals the 3rd gen instead of the 2nd gen)

The 97-04 Regals are the 4th

and the current ones are the 5th.

If you want to put the new Regal wheels on the 91, they don't fit.

http://www.wheelandtiredesigns.com/wholesale-wheels/vehicle-fitment/2013/Buick/Regal-GS/7/

If you mean you want to put 3rd Gen W body wheels on the 91, they will fit, but there was no 3rd Gen W body for the Regal. It was replaced by the Lacrosse.

As far as clearance, I'm told you can fit wheels that are up to 8 inches wide. The 1st gen W's got 6 inch wide wheels IIRC.

I think if you can get pics of the wheels in question, it would help a lot, or the car the wheels are coming off of.

What exactly are you referring to when you speak of Gen 3 Regal?

The 91 Regal is the 3rd Generation Regal (4th if you count the 81-88 Regals the 3rd gen instead of the 2nd gen)

The 97-04 Regals are the 4th

and the current ones are the 5th.

If you want to put the new Regal wheels on the 91, they don't fit.

http://www.wheelandtiredesigns.com/wholesale-wheels/vehicle-fitment/2013/Buick/Regal-GS/7/

If you mean you want to put 3rd Gen W body wheels on the 91, they will fit, but there was no 3rd Gen W body for the Regal. It was replaced by the Lacrosse.

As far as clearance, I'm told you can fit wheels that are up to 8 inches wide. The 1st gen W's got 6 inch wide wheels IIRC.

I think if you can get pics of the wheels in question, it would help a lot, or the car the wheels are coming off of.

We can all pretty much assume he is talking his generations as on the W platform.

I know that there are some issues going from 2nd Gen GP to 1st Gen GP because of the calipers. You would probably need some sort of back spacer and longer studs to run the wheels you want.

That or swap to 96+ front brakes

We can all pretty much assume he is talking his generations as on the W platform.

I know that there are some issues going from 2nd Gen GP to 1st Gen GP because of the calipers. You would probably need some sort of back spacer and longer studs to run the wheels you want.

I figured that, but AFAIK, there was no 3rd W variation using the Regal name. When the W got upgraded for the 3rd time, it was named Lacrosse. I assumed he meant the 3rd FWD variant of the Regal, which is the current one since, like I said the Regal was replaced by the Lacrosse in 2004. Allure for you Canadians hahah

Aka MASTURBATION MACHINE ;)

I figured that, but AFAIK, there was no 3rd W variation using the Regal name. When the W got upgraded for the 3rd time, it was named Lacrosse. I assumed he meant the 3rd FWD variant of the Regal, which is the current one since, like I said the Regal was replaced by the Lacrosse in 2004. Allure for you Canadians hahah

Or maybe he meant the 2nd gen. Assuming he thought 1.5 was 2, and 2nd was 3rd gen. If that makes sense lol