Buick regal rear speaker wire crossover to aftermarket ones.

Buickrgl99

97-02??Buick regal rear speaker wire crossover to aftermarket ones.

Mines a 99'

You should be able to replace them with any aftermarket speaker assuming they are 4ohm speakers.

Entire rear seat will have to be rmvd, pull tabs under bottom seat first and lift @same time, then rmve nuts at seatbelt bkls, 18mm socket. Then there's 2 smaller nuts,10mm deep socket, 2 ppl left back cushion straight up. Nxt step pull 3 black tabs at top of seat, be careful. Rmve plastic side panels be careful, not sure how to pull out w/o breaking heads off. Carefully pull out back carpet panel and disconnect brake light wire on passenger side. Speaker screws come out with ST20 star tip in a 1/4" socket and socket wrench.

Then you'll see there's 4 speakers,

the 6x9's are actually subwoofers and the other speaker is considered a midrange so wire the aftermarkets to to the midrange wire .

theres a separate tweeter, there will be a crossover back there somewhere inline on the speaker wires. hook up the aftrmrkt to the wires before the crossover otherwise you will not have any highs.

Midrange spkrs

right side

dark blue +

light blue -

left side

brown +

yellow -

the wire colors for the subwoofers are

right

light blue/black -

dark green +

left

light green/black -

dark blue/white +

Edited by Buickrgl99

Is this applicable to the Monsoon system? I dropped a rather nice set of Pioneers in the back of our Regal and they sound so damn flat. I know therye way better, I had them in my Cutlass and they sounded amazing.