1993 Cutlass Supreme Convertible - How to replace ignition switch - Need Instructions

Petes93cutlass

I have a 1993 Cutlass Supreme convertible. My daughter broke the key off in the ignition switch. Can someone provide me step by step instructions as to how to replace it?

Edited by Petes93cutlass

For reference sake, I replaced mine with an older non-VATS about 3 years ago. it was a few minutes og grinding to elongate the notch but my keys are less expensive now.

I replaced the lock cylinder... 94 Olds Vert sent me a linkas to how to remove & restall. To clean up the instructions provided with the link. Once you pull off the steering wheel, you will see the turnsignal mechanism. There are 3 torque screws. One on top and two on the bottom. Remove those 3. Tilt the steering wheel all the way up to access the the screw holding the lock cylinder in place. In addition, the silver plug with the square hole... when using a screwdriver, you must press down firmly and turn counter clockwise to remove. My only problem was that I tried using a screwdriver and needle nose pliers to plug out the chime plug but still ended up breaking it and I'm very mechanical inclined. Then again, it would have broke because the key was broken off inside the cylinder