overkillengineering 13" brake kit rotors?

l67ss

IIRC he was using Bonneville? GXP brakes. with a new mounting bracket welded on the knuckle.

That said, I will not do business with him again. The 2.5 exhaust he sold fits for shit, I'll probably spend the cost of it over again getting it redone, and the Cam cover he powdercoated for me was the wrong color and he knew it, $90 down the drain for a cam cover that sits under my bed covered in dust now.

Search the SR20 Nissan forums, they ran him off for selling garbage parts and providing even worse customer service.

I was wondering cause i was wanting to do a conversion myself. I know that a 12" impala rotor hit the lca, found post where he said he had gxp brakes on his lumina. Didnt kno if he meant bonne or mebbe gp gxps had a diff size hat.

IIRC he was using Bonneville? GXP brakes. with a new mounting bracket welded on the knuckle.

That said, I will not do business with him again. The 2.5 exhaust he sold fits for shit, I'll probably spend the cost of it over again getting it redone, and the Cam cover he powdercoated for me was the wrong color and he knew it, $90 down the drain for a cam cover that sits under my bed covered in dust now.

Search the SR20 Nissan forums, they ran him off for selling garbage parts and providing even worse customer service.

1994-2004 mustang cobra 13" rotor clears. They are only 1.10" thick. You can order them custom drilled to our, or any bolt pattern for $20 a piece. Rotor fits perfect.

Next you will need a Wilwood narrow Superlite caliper which will fit the 1.10" rotor. It will also fit under almost all 17" wheels.

Last you will need to make a custom bracket out of plexi glass and bring it to a machine shop to cut it out of aluminum or steel for about $60 bucks a piece.

use a 8 or 10 hardened bolts to secure the extension bracket.

This kit will cost you in the $1200 range, but looks and acts perfectly.

Would almost bet i could get away with using my stock caliper spaced out on that rotor as my stock rotor is 1.039". Mebbe have the rotor turned a bit and clearance the caliper bracket a lil. :)

1994-2004 mustang cobra 13" rotor clears. They are only 1.10" thick. You can order them custom drilled to our, or any bolt pattern for $20 a piece. Rotor fits perfect.

Next you will need a Wilwood narrow Superlite caliper which will fit the 1.10" rotor. It will also fit under almost all 17" wheels.

Last you will need to make a custom bracket out of plexi glass and bring it to a machine shop to cut it out of aluminum or steel for about $60 bucks a piece.

It could work, but not sure if the brake pad surface will be sufficient. At the same time, you could also buy a set of Corvette/Mustang Cobra PBR calipers off of car-parts.com fairly cheap and made for 13" rotors and 17" wheels. This could save you the $800 on Wilwood Calipers. (I like the look).

Mustang Cobra rotor center hub hole is 2.80" and my cutlass is 2.79" which ig a good tight fit.

also r1concepts.com will drill your bolt pattern and bolt size which is 52mm on my 1990 cutlass. Our wheels/rims are lug centric which makes this as safe as factory. (No rotor play).

When the weather warms up a bit I will start and finish this project with pictures. :thumbsup:

AFAIK, Mustangs have the same center bore and bolt pattern @ 5x115 with a 70.3 center bore. There's no need to custom drill the GM bolt pattern as Ford used the FWD GM bolt pattern on their RWD cars (The Mustang wheels interchange with the Panthers)

The only concern really is the thickness of the rotors.

Center bore is close or same in size, but lug pattern is 114.3mm and ours is 115mm.

Now since there studs are larger than our studs, the rotors could shift a bit. To be safe why not pat the $20 and have the rotors drilled between the mustang pattern with our pattern.

you can make anything work, but how safe is it? I would never recommend a 5x114.3 wheel for a vehicle with a 5x115 lug pattern, especially when the vehicle is a lug centric design.:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from harrassing the oriells guy :). Apparently discard thickness is 26.8mm on my stock rotors and 26.1mm on a 2003 cobra rotor. So i guess i can turn the rotors for my stock calipers :)