4T65 Speed Calibration

Imp558

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this speedo will not read correctly no matter what I do!

I set the tire size (205/70/15), and the gear ratio (3.29:1) and the sprocket ratio (1.121) and my speedo is still off! The PCM Cal file is GTP, and the tranny plate crossed as a Riviera L67, but I tried every other optioned gear ratio for that tranny and tried the overall ratio (2.93:1) and my speedo is at best 4% fast! At worst I got 8% faster. Is there something else I should be changing since this tranny and PCM were from different cars in the constants or something?

http://www.gmtuners.com/transmission/1997_4T65-E.pdf

According to google a riv has a 3.05 final ratio?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this speedo will not read correctly no matter what I do!

I set the tire size (205/70/15), and the gear ratio (3.29:1) and the sprocket ratio (1.121) and my speedo is still off! The PCM Cal file is GTP, and the tranny plate crossed as a Riviera L67, but I tried every other optioned gear ratio for that tranny and tried the overall ratio (2.93:1) and my speedo is at best 4% fast! At worst I got 8% faster. Is there something else I should be changing since this tranny and PCM were from different cars in the constants or something?

http://www.gmtuners.com/transmission/1997_4T65-E.pdf

How do you know that your speedo is 4% or 8% fast? If you are comparing it to your HUD or the speed coming from your tuning program, I would say it is the cluster itself.

How do you know that your speedo is 4% or 8% fast? If you are comparing it to your HUD or the speed coming from your tuning program, I would say it is the cluster itself.

GPS android app, Verified it against 2 other c.ars and its correct.

L67ss I've been referencing the PDF file posted The link above to. But I have a good supercharged Riviera calibration file And it has the same gear ratio as the PDF says.

I feel confident that its not a problem with misinformation. Tomorrow I'm going to check a few things against my original regal calibration file as far as speedometer scaling in the constants and maybe I'll find something there.

Dont doubt ir, i dont trust google myself. I try to get pdfs for all my donors. Thats y i sed it witha ? Mark :)

GPS android app, Verified it against 2 other c.ars and its correct.

L67ss I've been referencing the PDF file posted The link above to. But I have a good supercharged Riviera calibration file And it has the same gear ratio as the PDF says.

I feel confident that its not a problem with misinformation. Tomorrow I'm going to check a few things against my original regal calibration file as far as speedometer scaling in the constants and maybe I'll find something there.

what do you need exactly? Schematics or torque specs and stuff? alldatadiy.com is not expensive if you get coupon codes online and it'll give you everything on a specific car, better than Chiltons but not quite as good as a GM service manual. Light years beyond Haynes.