Potential source for Vert seals

rich_e777

Over the years I notice more and more people looking for CS Vert seals and such and I believe I have found a company that could make them. They specialize in rubber products and make many different weather stripping designs for various cars through the years. Right now all the make for the CS is the coupe door seals but if someone was to contact them with dimensions or even a sample piece I`m sure they could re-create it. I saw their commercial on this new channel on DirectTV called MAVTV. Company is called "Steele Rubber Products" and here is a link. http://www.steelerubber.com/

I had talked to them years ago, seems I was to take them a set and see what they could do as to pricing.

Rich, if you allow me to hijack this thread, wonder how many folks out here would be interested in a set at a reasonable price?

I am about 20 miles from them, I could co-ordinate this if asked?

Jack

What would others consider reasonable? With my other convertibles, I replaced weather stripping when wind noise would develop. On the Chrysler products, each weather stripping ranged between $150-$300. To me, this is acceptable because I know special weather stripping is expensive.

What would others consider reasonable? With my other convertibles, I replaced weather stripping when wind noise would develop. On the Chrysler products, each weather stripping ranged between $150-$300. To me, this is acceptable because I know special weather stripping is expensive.

"reasonable" is a variable word... what may be reasonable to me may not be reasonable to you... plus idk what we're talking about. Are we just saying the seal with the header bow, or are we talking for the whole set? Because if I could get everything that seals a Cutlass Vert for $300, I'd do it, but not for just the header bow.

I assumed Rich is talking about the glass sweeps at the bottom of the two rear windows. Is that right Rich?

And does anyone have a set they took off they could mail me, I could run it down to Steele and see what they come up with?

Thanks

Jack

Steel would probably do it but I think we'd have to cover a pretty hefty design fee before we even got to buying the actual part. Might be better off flirting with a smaller company like Metro Moulded.

Im not sure about a design fee or what a reasonable price would be. I just saw the commercial and remember what a pain some had with getting convertible seals. I agree a smaller company might be a little cheaper as well, and easier to deal with.