Viper alarm in a 94 Cutlass.

Nas Escobar

I want to install a viper alarm to my 1994 Cutlass Supreme. My car already has keyless entry from factory but only one remote. My question is how hard would it be to install an alarm ?? I've heard the keyless entry and trunk are simply wire tapping, but how hard is the rest?

It's pretty much all wire tapping, with the exception of the starter kill. Even that is just a cut and splice. There are a lot of wires, but don't let that intimidate you. Just do them one at a time. And solder and heat shrink wherever you can. The hardest part is locating the wires in the car to hook up the alarm to.

There was a link in here a few months ago to a site with free schematics for our cars, maybe one of the other guys will remember where it is and chime in. You'll want something, alldatadiy.com will have everything you need and if you search the internet for "alldatadiy coupon codes" you can have it pretty cheap. Don't expect a Haynes manual to be of use with wiring.

I use these diagrams for every camera installation that I do at work. I just installed a remote start yesterday into my 96 using this list:

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1994-1996/oldsmobile/cutlasssupreme/1697.html

Not sure what you all need for the alarm, but the list is made up for installing an alarm. Also, I did not need to use the relay for the parking lights.