stiffest rear sway bar installed in a w

l67ss

i would look towards the police impalas, or the 5.3 cars.

i'm told the 2012+ impalas all received some kind of significant suspension change as well, but i can't remember specifics.

My rear suspension is in and the gen1 sway bar is way off in more than just width. I am a cheap bastard though and might chop cut and reweld it before I spend money on another one. Need to relocate it to the rear of the strut, lenghten it, mount it higher on the frame and convert the ends to end links.

95(although a 96-99 would be a significant upgrade)

Ok so let me see if i have this right, i have a 90 cutlass international 3.1. If i want the biggest rear bar i want a 96 z34 monte bar?

Btw if youre gonna only do one bar do the front(from experience) 95-99 monte z34s had 34mm front bars :)

Ok so let me see if i have this right, i have a 90 cutlass international 3.1. If i want the biggest rear bar i want a 96 z34 monte bar?

Wouldnt advise it, it would actually compromise the strength of the bar

Can I have custom brackets welded on the corners/bends of my factory sway bar, just to make it stiffer? SERIOUSLY... I need to know...

Due to how much of a drop my car has, my front bar already has quite a bit of preload :)

Why not preload front sway bar? Adding spacer plate to center brackets, been told in years past this was a easy way to add little to sway bats.

At my local U-Pull scrap yard we just received a Monte Carlo Z34... but not sure if it's an 95 or 96... The car looks pretty clean IMO.

So both front and rear sway bars would fit my '96 Regal?? Would be a good upgrade since i have no rear bar. :)

Yup, make sure to grab all the brackets. The front springs would also b an upgrade :)

At my local U-Pull scrap yard we just received a Monte Carlo Z34... but not sure if it's an 95 or 96... The car looks pretty clean IMO.

So both front and rear sway bars would fit my '96 Regal?? Would be a good upgrade since i have no rear bar. :)

• 4 years later...

Old thread but upon reading it has the most useful information regarding sway bar upgrades so I'm bumping it.

Since we have limited sway bar options I wonder if we can cobble a bit like some other platforms do and just run dual setups.

First gens have a readily available bracket for up top that could be bent and mounted and then the bottom on each spindle assembly  looks like it would some cobbling.

post-3252-0-10825300-1516487650_thumb.jpg

post-3252-0-23546200-1516487673_thumb.jpg

post-3252-0-31809600-1516487655_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of thinking I already own 2 sets of first gen sway bars ......

Looking at that last picture and the way he (or she to be fair) stacked 2 brackets with the spacers makes me think a machine shop could fab something 1 piece farly cheaply.

Yeah, that damn tie rod is right there, and in the rear the coat hanger of a sway bar is bent and looped around funny.

No harm in looking when I get it all tore apart I suppose.