95 monte carlo brake upgrade

Elias1552

i was wondering is it possible to swap the rear drum setup on a 95 monte carlo to rear discs from a 95 regal? would I have to replace brake lines along with abs sensors? or would it be a more of a bolt on project.

It would b a bolt on. You should check into gen 2 w discs instead tho. It also is a bolt on swap. You end up wth better pads rotors and non sieze prone calipers. And you also end up with lighter spindles. I did the gen2 disc swap on my 97 monte, i love the @#$% outta them. All the parts you have to change are the same for either swap. Tip, if you do go gen 2 rear discs, use the rubber lines from a 1990 lumina euro 2-door. Good luck :)

i was wondering is it possible to swap the rear drum setup on a 95 monte carlo to rear discs from a 95 regal? would I have to replace brake lines along with abs sensors? or would it be a more of a bolt on project.

I think the rotors are about the same size. You lose an f-load of weight with gen 2 disc setups. One of my stock bare spindles weighed more than both of the gen 2 spindles and caliper brackets combined :)

Does the heavy drum e-brake weigh more than the aluminum spindle saves on 2G? Are the rotors larger?

Master cylinders are usually different between drums and disc as well.

Sent from my iPhone

So I would have to upgrade the master cylinder as we'll? And what about abs sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master cylinders are usually different between drums and disc as well.

Sent from my iPhone

So I would have to upgrade the master cylinder as we'll? And what about abs sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about coilovers to upgrade the suspension, or something to make it handle better on curves?

you can do coilovers, i have grand prix gt front springs and intrigue rear struts with 2 coils cut on my 97 monte, lil smoother ride :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry it took a long time to get around this swap, but finally I can get to it. One thing that is bugging me , that I noticed in the junk yard is the parking cable location. Would I have to swap that as well? And for gen 2 brakes in the front what is the process?

Not sure on the park brake cables, i just ommitted the park brake. No one has successfully mated 2nd gen front spindles to a 1st gen sub afik

Sorry it took a long time to get around this swap, but finally I can get to it. One thing that is bugging me , that I noticed in the junk yard is the parking cable location. Would I have to swap that as well? And for gen 2 brakes in the front what is the process?

So what re some upgrades I can do to the front. I wanted to do double piston calipers all around from a gen 2. But now I'm just doing research before I break out the wrenches.

96-99 monte/lumina front brakes/spindles. Theyre 11.25" and 95s ares 10". And gen 2s have single piston calipers and gen 1s have 2 piston

So what re some upgrades I can do to the front. I wanted to do double piston calipers all around from a gen 2. But now I'm just doing research before I break out the wrenches.

You can use the rears(also need the spindles) fronts aee no go. You need fronts from a 99 monte/lumina

So I can get a 99 regal gs front and rear hub,calipers, and rotors. And install them with basic tools? I'm doing this as a hobby, I don't have a lift or air tools.