Wanted: Input on the Future of W-body.com / Assistant Administrator

LukeZ34

Hey Everyone

First, before anyone gets the wrong idea, no I am not planning to sell the site.. But I am looking for ideas, suggestions, input on where to go with the future of the site/forum.

I realize that the actual w-body.com website content never really made the transfer over to the new CMS setup we moved to a few years ago.. and I apologize for that. I've never really had the time to dedicate to moving all that content and organizing it properly. This is something that I also never had the chance to train our staff on either. I think it's safe to say that I underestimated the actual work it was going to take to transfer to a new forum software. My vision would be to abandon the website and CMS, and just have W-body.com resolve directly to the forum home page. Content from the old site (which is still out there) could be transferred to the forum in a new organized format. But please list out what you would like to see the forum become in the future, and how it would be of more help to you while you're browsing or searching for information.

In addition to your input on your future, I'd also like to find someone who is familiar with VB who would be willing to administer this site, keep it maintained and support our moderation staff. I've always been saying "I'll have time to get to it soon" or "I'll deal with it later" and I realize that's not the way to run a website, and it's not fair to those of you who contribute to it. I just simply don't have the free time to dedicate to this website anymore. This is why I'd like to see if someone here would like to become an assistant administrator and help take the work load off of my shoulders. If anyone is interested in this, please PM me and let me know some of your qualifications, and any other sites you've designed or administered. Experience in administering VBulletin 4 software and web design is a must!

I know this is pretty informal, but being formal isn't my thing. In short, I want help getting this site back to what you deserve it to be, and to let everyone know that yes, I am still here lurking behind the scenes.

Thank you everyone for your support over the years. :)

Luke

Edited by LukeZ34

I never realized the website had more than just the forum...

Anyways, as far as suggestions, idk if this has been tried before and was cumbersome or if no one got the idea of it, or idk but has this forum ever tried having "subforums" or "Categories" for each generation? (1G W), (2G W), (3G W)... it seems all the info is scrambled and it makes searching for stuff hard.. but that's just me. I've seen that done on most forums dedicated to more than one car (the monte carlo and impala forums come to mind).

• 1 year later...