TGP Pace car(s)

Turbo v-sick

Very nice finds(again)!:dance: Did those actually come from the place that's watermarked on the images?

edit: I went searching around on that site.

post-143-143689148754_thumb.jpg

post-143-143689148757_thumb.jpg

post-143-143689148759_thumb.jpg

Edited by mfewtrail

Not a TGP...But.

GTP? Get the blank outta here!

j/k. Nice find Jay. :thumbsup:

PS: Argenta has some other W' related stuff. I saw some Lumina pace cars on there for example.

Very nice finds(again)!:dance: Did those actually come from the place that's watermarked on the images?

edit: I went searching around on that site.

Yes sure did. I will get us some better quality photos without the watermark image. Although I down loaded every image of a TGP I could find I left a few out to observe before posting. The first TGP you posted appears to be the back up for the race(no date on door). It also appears it has the Daytona style rims and solid red front fascia(no black under lights). Maybe someone with better vision could share their input? Kinda cool to see Rusty and Kenny Wallace posing for photos when neither of them were there for the race. Winston Cup had the weekend off...

PS: Argenta has some other W' related stuff. I saw some Lumina pace cars on there for example.

ooooh really?! :lol:

Awesome, awesome finds guys!

How'd you copy these to the forum? I can't do anything without paying for the photos

Edited by Euro

Yes sure did. I will get us some better quality photos without the watermark image. Although I down loaded every image of a TGP I could find I left a few out to observe before posting. The first TGP you posted appears to be the back up for the race(no date on door). It also appears it has the Daytona style rims and solid red front fascia(no black under lights). Maybe someone with better vision could share their input? Kinda cool to see Rusty and Kenny Wallace posing for photos when neither of them were there for the race. Winston Cup had the weekend off...

I think it does have the "mascara" on the lights, it's just a really bad picture to see it on. The wheels are definitely daytona style as you said.

Did you see what Argenta was charging for image usage? They seem to be geared toward media usage.

I saw a few more TGP pics when searching for nascar stuff, but they would be very small pics of the TGP even if they were full sized images(overhead view of the track).

@ Matt - When viewing the preview images, I would click on an individual image and then copy the image location/save the image. On a certain page if you copy the link it will give you the one of the slightly larger preview images(like we posted).

Edited by mfewtrail

Did you see what Argenta was charging for image usage? They seem to be geared toward media usage.

$7.00 for 11X14 and $5.00 for 8X10. I just made a package deal and will receive anything TGP related. They only have 25% of the pictures loaded on their website as of now and are adding new stuff everyday. The photos came from Penske Racing archives and were uploaded over the weekend...

Matt I do believe the first time you looked at this photo (bottom) you reported to me something didn't look quite right with the rims. I believe they are Daytona specific as well what are your thoughts? If so it seems the Daytona cars were utilized for quite some time. Considering the cars are decaled differently it would make sense that two were present for the race. One primary and one back up.

post-3417-143689148762_thumb.jpg

post-3417-143689148775_thumb.jpg

Well after securing over 30 hi-resolution photos I did a drive by on ebay and found a XL Turbo Grand Prix jacket. Bought shipped for 15.62. Been looking for one of these 7 years now.

post-3417-143689148782_thumb.jpg

Well after securing over 30 hi-resolution photos I did a drive by on ebay and found a XL Turbo Grand Prix jacket. Bought shipped for 15.62. Been looking for one of these 7 years now.

Sweet find. I skipped a few days searching ebay for TGP stuff and must have missed it.

About that photo you reposted: I thought the center of those wheels looked odd. Looking at it now even though it's terrible quality, I think I'm changing my mind and going to say those appear to be production wheels.

Here are some larger images of the Pennsylvania Busch North Series TGP pace cars. The top photo seems to be more like the TGP's from Daytona other than the logo on center caps. No mascara around headlights and pre-production rims. The last photo shows an almost production TGP other than the exhaust outlets. The door is open can anyone read the vin...lol

post-3417-1436891498_thumb.jpg

post-3417-143689149816_thumb.jpg

post-3417-143689149832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turbo v-sick

About that photo you reposted: I thought the center of those wheels looked odd. Looking at it now even though it's terrible quality, I think I'm changing my mind and going to say those appear to be production wheels.

I had the photo tweaked by a professional and it has the pre-production rims as well. :biggrin:

I had the photo tweaked by a professional and it has the pre-production rims as well. :biggrin:

I guess I'm better off not second-guessing myself. :lol:

Thanks for those enlarged photos. On the smaller ones I thought one of those Parts 300 had the pre-production wheels but I wasn't certain. I knew they looked odd in the side profile picture near the racetrack wall.

Is it possible the pre-production wheels are Fiero GT wheels?

The Fiero wheels don't have the oddly carved out centers. The pre-pro. wheels were likely TGP-specific and just an early design phase that they were considering putting on all of the cars before they chose the ones we all have.

• 5 months later...

Found this picture while going through TGP memorabilia. 1989 TGP show car/pace car with sunroof /tan interior.

post-3417-14368916402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turbo v-sick