gen 2 rear struts into 95-99 monte/ lumina

l67ss

Was screwing around in the jy and decided to see how far gen 2 rear struts were from fitting a gen 1.5 w, turns out theyre a bolt in swap. :) been wanting to swap to intrigue rear springs anyway

I just tried the strut assemblies complete. I know gen 1.5 spindles will bolt up to gen 2 struts. I had been told id have to drill holes, mount was at wrong angle etc but it was perfect fit, the top mounts even looked identical. On a side note, havent tried it yet, but if you cut the bottom coil off a gen 2 front spring, itll fit a gen 1 front strut. Measured both springs top and bottom

....... this is both surprising and not surprising. just the struts themselves or does anything else have to transfer with it?

On a 1.5 gen monte/lumina you could, in theory slam an entire gen2 rear suspension minus the subframe in, and that may or may not work for all I know.

the lateral links would swap in knuckles would short of brake lines and park brake cables which would need to be reworked.

I already have gen 2 lat links, spindles and brakes. I just omitted the park brake. As for the brake lines, i found a perfert set on a 1990 lumina euro, for some reason the lines came out on the opposite side of the caliper, perfect for me :)

On a 1.5 gen monte/lumina you could, in theory slam an entire gen2 rear suspension minus the subframe in, and that may or may not work for all I know.

the lateral links would swap in knuckles would short of brake lines and park brake cables which would need to be reworked.