oe style hose clamps - where to buy - need to fix 95 MC Z34

oz37k

Hello All,

I have been having an issue with the hose clamps on my upper and lower radiator hoses and I found that it is always the hose clamps. I buy the worm gear type and they seem to always fail. I am now in search of the OE spring clamp style hose. Does anyone know where to buy these?

Junkyard is my only answer for that. I do like the OE spring clamps but I have had very little problem with worm gear clamps so long as they aren't over tightened and ruined.

Typical problem is not the clamp, it's the hose cold-flowing under the clamp.

You pull off the clamp, you can see the impression where the clamp was. The hose has squeezed-out from under the clamp.

Thus the introduction of hose clamps with some kind of spring mechanism to self-compensate for the diameter reduction as the hose becomes smaller around the clamping surface.

Breeze "Constant Torque" is also shielded where the band is cut away for the worm-gear notches. Hose doesn't flow out of the notches.

http://www.amazon.com/Breeze-Constant-Torque-Stainless-Worm-Drive-Diameter/dp/B009SD07IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384813911&sr=8-1&keywords=breeze+constant+torque

41B2YZlqLqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Oetiker clamp is beautiful if you can get them in the correct size. The size range per clamp is extremely limited. They are picky about diameter, and also need care for proper installation. Very low clamping force results in little hose cold-flow, and yet they seal the hose nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Oetiker-17800181-Stainless-Self-Tensioning-Steples/dp/B008L5A4E8/ref=sr_1_72?ie=UTF8&qid=1384815418&sr=8-72&keywords=Oetiker+clamp

41L3dvzXIRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Or, as said--grab OEM clamps from the salvage yard, or through a GM parts dealer.

Edited by Schurkey