vyper144

2002 Impala LS

I have a leak, however, this one is NOT the passenger side, its NOT the cowl weatherstripping above the cabin air filter. (I learned that one the hard way...)

This one is on my driver side... I have ruled out the sunroof drain hose 100%. I know that's not leaking, because I poured about 3 gallons of water down it and not one single drop of water inside the car.

Currently: My car has NO carpet. I have pulled the foam back where this pocket is hidden behind. This is underneath the dash on the driver side.

Now I have a theory that the plug that the sunroof drain hose goes through, leaks water. The really weird part about this issue is, you can't just pour water on the car and expect to see water flowing. The water pools up in the pocket, where the bolts for the bottom door hinge go through, and once its full, it begins overflowing. Now, after looking at the hinge, I really don't believe that the hinge is leaking, but the plug that the drain hose goes through is directly above, causing the rust you see in the video.

My ultimate fear is that the plug isn't leaking... But the water is coming from somewhere above, running between the two panels (see where the plug that the sunroof goes around, there are 2 panels of metal that come together). If I seal around the plug, I'm just sealing water/moisture in between those two panels and waiting for the cancer to spread (fast).

So I am turning this thread over to you, hoping you have some insight on the leak.

VIDEO:

Thanks guys!