Bubbles in Radiator?

GrandRegal

I have a 1993 Buick Regal with a 3800 motor. I am having an issue with bubbles in the coolant and am trying to determine if it is a cracked block/head or just a bad head gasket. The car does not overheat and there is no mixing or coolant in oil or oil in coolant. The coolant reservoir does however get some bubbles in it when up to temp and I can feel bubbles in the hoses. It also seems to lack the power of my other regal with the 3800. Also I have very high oil pressure over 100 psi. Is there any sure way to determine what the cause of this is?

I have a 1993 Buick Regal with a 3800 motor. I am having an issue with bubbles in the coolant and am trying to determine if it is a cracked block/head or just a bad head gasket.

Take it apart. Inspect the pieces. There's no way to know without unscrewing the bolts. Any repair is going to require disassembly, so it's not like you're creating extra work.

Also I have very high oil pressure over 100 psi. Is there any sure way to determine what the cause of this is?

First Guess: Defective oil pressure sending unit

Second Guess: Defective oil pressure sending unit wire harness

Third Guess: Defective oil pressure gauge.

I'd thread in a mechanical gauge and compare to the dash gauge.

Why does your post seem like an echo? Have you posted the same question before?

Edited by Schurkey

If you mean literally bubbles, like in the bathtub you could have some problems, but cavitation in the line is another thing, you may have a leak like a cracked coolant elbow or something and it's difficult to get all the air out of the lines without using the bleeder on the thermostat housing. Bubbles in the overflow mean it's pushing air out and trying to draw coolant in.

My first guess is that you have air in your system, maybe even a leak - hence your engine trying to pull in coolant but the sufficient lack of it makes it also pull in air.

As far as the oil pressure gauge, that may be extremely off. GM gauges aren't known to be accurate. Who knows how many times my Cutlass has said I have a full tank of gas for 100 miles then dropped all the way to the quarter, then to "E" and then drove for another 100 miles on E.

Try installing a mechanical one for comparison. Your oil pressure sender may be going bad, or something related to a sensor involving your oil.