need help with lower intake

defflepp1

so im in the process of replace the intake gaskets on my 94 3.4 euro. i have everything back together and it runs again, however i seem to have a pretty substantial coolant leak that i am still trying to find. the first spot that was leaking was the quick disconnect at the lower intake, then it was the small hose going up into the plenum, now i can't see where its coming from. it appears to be coming from the back of the engine, or at least running to there.

attached is a picture from the old intake(it was cracked so i replaced it) when i removed it there was nothing in the hole above the thermostat, the one i got from the junkyard looks the same. is there supposed to be something there? sorry if thats a really noob question, but im at my wits end with this thing, and would just like to to run.

also another issue it has now is that ANY tap on the throttle, even if you barley touch it will result in it revving up to almost 2000 rpm and slowly coming back down. my first thought was vacuum leak, however i tried the old trick of spraying carb cleaner on the hoses and got no change in idle, i also sprayed on the intake gaskets and again got nothing. could this be an electrical issue( TPS or IAC)?

one more question, is there a way to test the temp gauge? because when i start it its already reading at about the 1/4 mark.

any help at all on these issues would be greatly appreciated

post-5220-143689142604_thumb.jpg

O ring seal goes there, between the lower and upper intake. IIRC, the temp gauge has it's own sensor. On the 3100's, it's in the rear left side of the head. Single green wire to it. Can't remember where it's located on the 3.4. Been too many years since I've worked on one.

computer engine coolant sensor is screwed into the lower intake

instrument cluster temp sensor is screwed into the front head on the side facing the transmission.

The hole above the t-stat is part of the throttle body heater. If you need a new ring only, I've bought them at a typical hardware store before.

Unplug the TPS and see how the engine performs. I;ve had a bad one hold high revs, and with it unplugged, the check engine will turn on, but the car will run well enough until up to about 1/2 throttle.

Edited by Crazy K