4T60 weird overdrive issue.

Buick666

I was coming back from a friends place everthing was fine,overdrive was shifting great at 50mph.

Getting on the highway,overdive didint kicked in at 50mph and my engine was reving at 2500rpm instead of 1900rpms at 60mph.

Got home,turned the car off... then i decided to go back on the highway,and overdrive shifted great at 50mph.

What the hell is going on here?

Should i take a chance of changing the oil in my tranny even at 250 000km's ??

Thanks for the help!

Change the filter. Tranny is getting hot due to a restricted filter(limited fluid flow) my car did the same thing xcept worse cause i let it go too long lol

I was coming back from a friends place everthing was fine,overdrive was shifting great at 50mph.

Getting on the highway,overdive didint kicked in at 50mph and my engine was reving at 2500rpm instead of 1900rpms at 60mph.

Got home,turned the car off... then i decided to go back on the highway,and overdrive shifted great at 50mph.

What the hell is going on here?

Should i take a chance of changing the oil in my tranny even at 250 000km's ??

Thanks for the help!

Wouldnt call it risky but you may have to do it twice: once to get rid of the clogged filter, and again after knocking the sludge loose. Ive changed hundreds of tranny filters and ive never had one quit because of a service, have had to do it twice on a few, they thought i was conning them lol

Okay thanks.

Do i need to drop the pan to do this?

A couple of people told me it was risky to change oil/filter in a high milleage tranny... is this true?

You may not have to do it a second time. If you do, just wait till it starys acting up again. After that change every 45000 to 75000 km(think i got the conversion right lol) and no prob :)

Okay that's good to know. Thank you very much for the info.

How much time do i have to wait for the second flush?

m

You may not have to do it a second time. If you do, just wait till it starys acting up again. After that change every 45000 to 75000 km(think i got the conversion right lol) and no prob :)

m

Thank you very much for your help! Will be doing this tomorrow ASAP! :)

If it clogs and messes up again thatd b a good time for the shift kit :)

Exellent! I'll look into it! In 2 weeks i'm getting both my engine and tranny an oil change so the Buick's going to be ready for winter! :)