PPG Turbo Grand Prix Pace Car

Turbo v-sick

On the red/white car it looks like they were working on designing the 94-96 B4U cladding. It looks very much 94-96 but it still has the older dash.

Good catch on the dash. I just noticed the hood louvers are different too, very 2nd Gen Special Edition like. They should have definitely left the lower bumper opening center bar in.

Oh geez! I just realized it's missing front grills completely. LOL I was wondering why it looked so drastically different, but couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was.

• 1 month later...

I found more info on some of the Races Paced by GTP's, mostly Nascar Races, but nothing specific to this Yellow Pace Car from PPG. Can someone give me the PPG contact info, I've never known they had a special group for the just Pace Cars. Are they still around and familiar with their 20+ Year Old creations?

Also, most of us know the #2 Cutlass Pace Car, from the 1988 Indy 500, was re-done in Gold and PPG decals added. It's not strange to me that these things happen, but is strange when No One documents it.

One of the Other Forum Threads I was reading thru, mentions a guy taking pictures of all these PPG Pace Cars before... I'll try to find that post again. COOL POST here, learned a lot :thumbsup:

post-5754-143689149858_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...