PPG Turbo Grand Prix Pace Car

Turbo v-sick

In the half hour or so I've spent browsing image searches, makes me wonder why there are about 400 pictures EACH of every other PPG pace car ever built, but none of the TGP:mad:

In the half hour or so I've spent browsing image searches, makes me wonder why there are about 400 pictures EACH of every other PPG pace car ever built, but none of the TGP:mad:

Nobody gave two shits about front wheel drive GP's at the time. :lol: After seeing Jay's photo I did some forum and image searching with no luck. I even scanned through the Marlboro 500 race from 1991 on youtube. Best bet would be to find a forum discussing one of the other cars that it toured with. I know there are more pictures out there, it's just a matter of finding them or the right person seeing your post and uploading them.

I wouldn't think there would be next to nothing, though! I thought the TGP was built in a time where Pontiac and the GP were actually an awesome car. I mean come on, they made multiple pace cars out of it :lol:

I did some of the same searching, Ford/Pontiac/3000GT and Stealth forums, did searches of the 90/91/92 races to see if I could spot anything. Nada.

Not the pace car, but a very cool photo nonetheless.

"Motor Trend International Auto Show at the Baltimore Convention Center, January 1990."

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix

I'm going to have to search Flickr a bit more. Seems like a lot of people have old indy car and other race photos, might just spot a TGP in them eventually.

• 1 month later...
Blowing up the picture of the TGP on the bottom of page 1, they look almost identical. I think the ones on the TGP have more of a lip, though.

I agree very similar indeed.

The yellow one's wheels look weird

not sure what's going on in the red/white pics

and the RPE is hot, aside from the half pinstripe? :thinking: these must be some kind of demo pics or something