91 Lumina Euro

juggalette717

• 2 weeks later...
Are all 3 plugs on the ICM plugged in and plugged in all the way?

yes they are. ive got someone coming over hopefully this monday coming with a computer from his job to check everything

"2 injector resistance test

use a multimeter to test the injectors. they should all be in close range and be around 11.5 to 13 ohms. if you were to find one that was really out of spec, it would short the car computer out causing your issue. two injectors can be tested without removing the Plenum(upper intake), but the other require removal.

Actually you don't need to. Once you pull either plug from either side of the plenum, or both, you can ohm the rest of the injector bank

Umm... Check the timing chain?? You should (with a flashlight through the oil fill on the front valve cover) see the rockers moving as the engine is turned over. If not, bingo. Just offering something easy to check and rule out... Welcome aboard, and good luck!! :)

there is a yellow and purple wire running from the crank sensor to the ICM. if that wire has degraded or is damaged, the car will not run. check for continuity with a volt meter

the PCM has a chip inside that must match the vehicle. was it transferred from the could the PCM not be firingd computer?

if you turn the key to the to the run position you can check for the reason for a check engine

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/56868/car_parts/obd1_codes_secrets_for_check_engine_light.html

even if no codes are present, you should still get a flashing "12", which indicates the PCM is functional. try that to see if it works.

is it possible for the ECM to not be sending injector pulse is yet not store codes?

Yep...if there's no crank pulse, no code, no injector pulse. A bad ICM will do the same, if it isn't sending a reference pulse to the ECM.

is it possible for the ECM to not be sending injector pulse is yet not store codes?

Yep...if there's no crank pulse, no code, no injector pulse. A bad ICM will do the same, if it isn't sending a reference pulse to the ECM.

So an ignition module could be making spark, but faulty to the extent it's inhibiting injector pulses?

We've done replaced the coil packs, ignition control module, spark plugs and wires, fuel injectors, crank sensor, and the computer. It will spin over, but will not fire at all. I believe it's something simple, but we just cant figure it out. Any advice would be helpful =/

Has starter fluid been sprayed in the intake while someone cranks the engine yet? That will effectively narrow the problem down to whether the car is experiencing fuel delivery or not.

Your replacement parts were new (some anyway) or from the junker? I can't imagine you went and bought a new computer. Maybe that for one is defective (?).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not getting a signal from the ignition control module at all. i have verified that, but thats about all i know. a lot of people have been saying its the ignition itself

Its not getting a signal from the ignition control module at all. i have verified that, but thats about all i know. a lot of people have been saying its the ignition itself

If you're not getting a flash on either of the 2 fuel injector cables, when disconnected, that are on either side of the plenum (says "3.1 MPFI..."), then it's likely the computer/ecm/ecu. Was with mine. Found a 20$ unit on Craig's. Started right up. It could also be a relay or fuse or corrosion or wiring issue. But if you replaced/swapped relays and fuses it's likely the computer. Maybe you just got a bad replacement.

A turn signal 194 bulb attached to the terminals of 1 of those connectors is supposed to verify whether the ecm is sending pulses to the injectors.

• 1 month later...