Part needed: 1990 Cutlass Supreme SL Driver Information System repair/replacement?

JustinMarks

Sometimes GM electronics can be revived by resoldering. Sometimes not. Have to try it to know.

FWIW, you're not limited to the Cutlass Supreme version. The ones out of late 80s Olds Eighty Eight and Ninety Eight will work if they look the same. I don't remember exact years, but that's what I put in one of my cars. I think the Cutlass Calais may have come with one that will work as well.

calais, yes(ken has proven that :lol:) and possibly ciera as well?

from the looks of it, the 88/98 versions use the non-PROM style, so everything else could be changed to any other version via reprogramming. i have a N-body one from Ken that i need to read out.

There was a 91 in the JY yesterday that had it in there. I could pick it up for you if you still need it. Not able to test it unless someone can tell me what wire to feed the power and ground to. I can then bring my drill battery and test.

There was a 91 in the JY yesterday that had it in there. I could pick it up for you if you still need it. Not able to test it unless someone can tell me what wire to feed the power and ground to. I can then bring my drill battery and test.

Really?! Interesting. 1991 was the final year and not many were installed, they are VERY rare.

I think like only 500 or so Cutlass Supremes got the DIS in 1991. They are a version 2.1 instead of 1.8.

Edited by ManicMechanic

If you grab it. I'll take it!! I need one.

It was in a international 4 door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Means one less international out there. They are hard enough to find the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Luke94vert

If you grab it. I'll take it!! I need one.

Means one less international out there. They are hard enough to find the way it is.

I got the DIC pulled today along with a lot of other parts. The build date on this car was 8/90. Leads me to wonder when they changed over styles. usy9upet.jpg

I got the DIC pulled today along with a lot of other parts. The build date on this car was 8/90. Leads me to wonder when they changed over styles. usy9upet.jpg

Sweet what else you grab?

Paypal?