damn a pillar podd

l67ss

Why do people run these goofy things? The a pillar is already a blind spot so lets jus make it worse . Plus u have to look away from the road jus to look at the goofy things. I building some pods into my dash bezel below my cluster. My car isnt a fast and furious reject ;)

Its generally the easiest way to get some aftermarket gauges into a car without cutting up the dashboard or doing a big level of custom work and its not too intrusive, also race car.

I think any added gauges are dumb unless you really need them (ex: turbocharging a car and adding a boost gauge)

I think oil pressure is pretty important. Aeroforce scan gauges tell more pertinent info than any other too.

A-pillar gauge pods make the gauges easier to read without taking nearly as much focus off of the road as looking down at your dash. HUD's have the same purpose.

You also have to look away from the road to look at the cluster? :thinking:

I think any added gauges are dumb unless you really need them (ex: turbocharging a car and adding a boost gauge)

boost gauge would be dumb, unless you are turboing a MAF car for some reason, the car's already equipped with a MAP, so you have that already. and the sound of the turbo.... you can hear the boost and engine load pretty easy as you drive.

...just get a datalogger.

I will admit that it's a bit of an intrusion to my visual area, however the area between the pods lets you catch a glimpse of some impending danger. It just requires you to pay a tad more attention to what's going on around you.

I got mine mainly for looks; it attracts a whole lot of attention to someone who knows what it is especially since it's on a Buick. Plus it makes mounting my Aeroforce so much easier. Did I mention it looks good?

As for looking away from the road, the road is still in your peripheral vision. It may even be better than looking at the factory dash gauges. Eyes move pretty quick.

Edited by BS009

Had my gps previously mounted on the apillar for reasons previously mentiond, almost wrecked a couple times. Moved to dash, now no death & destruction. ;) i mean you gotta check your speedo anyway.

I will admit that it's a bit of an intrusion to my visual area, however the area between the pods lets you catch a glimpse of some impending danger. It just requires you to pay a tad more attention to what's going on around you.

I got mine mainly for looks; it attracts a whole lot of attention to someone who knows what it is especially since it's on a Buick. Plus it makes mounting my Aeroforce so much easier. Did I mention it looks good?

As for looking away from the road, the road is still in your peripheral vision. It may even be better than looking at the factory dash gauges. Eyes move pretty quick.

I wish the HUD units displayed all that info instead of just speed (and Tach?:shrug:) Wouldn't be as hard to pretend I`m in a F-14 with Kenny Loggins and Cheap Trick blaring on the system.:lol: Will never use or need GPS because I know exactly were I am at all times and where Im going, In my car and forward about 15mph over the speed limit.:D

Edited by rich_e777

I could get lost in a 1 room house lol ;)

I wish the HUD units displayed all that info instead of just speed (and Tach?:shrug:) Wouldn't be as hard to pretend I`m in a F-14 with Kenny Loggins and Cheap Trick blaring on the system.:lol: Will never use or need GPS because I know exactly were I am at all times and where Im going, In my car and forward about 15mph over the speed limit.:D

• 10 months later...

I think the pillar pods aren't as bad as looking down. I had a volt meter all the way at the bottom of my center bezel in my Grand Am because I was running 2 12" subwoofers at 900 watts. I originally got it because my amp kept getting fried so then I realized how bad my voltage drop was (I got it to 11.3 at one point). After that, I did the big 3 upgrade and it never dropped below 12.3. The gauge stayed but it was so annoying to have to look down to basically where the shifter is in order to know my voltage. I ended up getting a smaller one and moving it up to the pocket under the radio that is usually there when you convert to 1 din from 2 din. It helped a lot but I still I think I would have been happier if I had placed it on the pillar. I just didn't know what other gauges to get.