TGP full restoration, long term project

EMNCFI

Got some parts in today, totally rebuilt turbo, new coolant and oil lines. once it goes in the car, new OEM turbo blanket and new hydraulic fire proof oil return line. New AC lines and condenser, new o rings on all AC lines and ready for R134a

post-947-143689144265_thumb.jpg

post-947-14368914427_thumb.jpg

post-947-143689144281_thumb.jpg

Pacific Fuel Injection, near where I5 goes over into WA, they used to be called Northern Factors. They have rebuilt all of my fuel injectors on most all my cars. They do turbos and small hydraulic things. I like to deal with them as they do really good work

• 1 month later...

So now that the new turbo is in, the car is running again, and the A/C seems to be working. Questions about the rebuilt turbo, I seem to be making way more boost now then I did before. Now granted this is measured off the crap stock boost gauge, but pre-rebuild I was at no more than 8 PSI of boost, now I regularly get 12. I am more of a roots supercharger person, any reason it would be boosting better rebuilt?

Also about the AC, I have not recharged the system yet to make sure that the compressor is taking the new oil well. Also there is no need for AC yet, so for now just making sure the lubrication of the compressor is good, then a recharge with R134 in the spring. My