signal issue

l67ss

Po could not get the brake lights to work in the taillights only in back glass so they just ran a wire from the third brake light to the taillights in the process they managed to cross some wires so the blinkers do not work i put in all new bulbs fuses multifunction switch and relay still nothing the hazards do work and if i hold the brake they will come on but i hav to manually flash them its like theres no power to the blinker switch help please

Actually, it sounds like the real problem is a bad turn signal switch...non-functional brake lights are a classic symptom in W-bodies. I just went through that very thing at the beginning of the year.

i'm assuming the wire colors didn't change:

pink has +12V when key is in run position

orange has +12V at all times

pink goes to fuse 30(10 amp)

orange goes to fuse 5(15 amp)

Thanks an f-load youve been very helpful :)

i'm assuming the wire colors didn't change:

pink has +12V when key is in run position

orange has +12V at all times

pink goes to fuse 30(10 amp)

orange goes to fuse 5(15 amp)

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, it sounds like the real problem is a bad turn signal switch...non-functional brake lights are a classic symptom in W-bodies. I just went through that very thing at the beginning of the year.

How much did it cost you total? I have the same classic problem.97 Cutlass supreme SL

I'm thinking it was around $65.00...mine needed the SWRC wires, which made it cost a bit more. Not 100% that price is correct, but it's close.

How much did it cost you total? I have the same classic problem.97 Cutlass supreme SL

I'm thinking it was around $65.00...mine needed the SWRC wires, which made it cost a bit more. Not 100% that price is correct, but it's close.

Oh that's not bad at all, did you do it yourself?

Yes, it was my first signal switch replacement. There's a nice writeup elsewhere on the list. You'll need a lock plate compressor, and a steering wheel puller, most parts stores like Autozone will rent you one, then refund your money when you return it. Hardest parts are being careful with the airbag, and getting that stupid lock ring off of the steering shaft to remove the lockplate, without destroying it.

Oh that's not bad at all, did you do it yourself?

<no airbags i used a couple screwdrivers and a pick to do mine :)

Yes, it was my first signal switch replacement. There's a nice writeup elsewhere on the list. You'll need a lock plate compressor, and a steering wheel puller, most parts stores like Autozone will rent you one, then refund your money when you return it. Hardest parts are being careful with the airbag, and getting that stupid lock ring off of the steering shaft to remove the lockplate, without destroying it.