the quest for sc power

l67ss

After today im almost done collecting parts for a topswap ill hav to source a short block i hav the tranny lined up getting the harness wednesday i hav the pcm on order i can almost hear the s/c whine now....mebbe i should get some tires ;)

If I were you, I'd get upgraded dogbones and a diff locker while you'll have everything out...

Sounds good, bet you can't wait. I'm envious... Someday we will be boost brothers!

I hav new dbs :)

If I were you, I'd get upgraded dogbones and a diff locker while you'll have everything out...

Sounds good, bet you can't wait. I'm envious... Someday we will be boost brothers!

• 3 months later...

Update: already swapped to 4t65. Planning to do an l36 swap in a couple weeks.

Parts to obtain for the swap:

High pressure ps line(gonna get same day i get the engine)

coolant elbows

Injector o-rings

High pressure fuel lines and clamps

And obviously the l36 ;)

The l36 im getting is from an 04 impala so its kinda of a hybrid, series 2 shortblock and intake and fuel injection with series 3 heads, so its pepier out of the box.

Im gonna use a lumina 9c3 pcm so it wont shut off till at least 140 mph :)

To top everything off im pretty sure i have the 3.4 sold to a guy at the jy where im getting my new motor. $200 and the l36 is gonna b $250 SCORE! :)

Also gonna get a 140 amp alternator at the same time. My goal on total time to swap is 5 hrs, wish me luck :)

Most the l67s i come accross have been badly abused. The good ones are horribly overpriced. The l36 im getting is CHERRY, 60k miles, to oil is spotless, the coolant was like brandnew and to top it off i found detailed service history in the glovebox. Reason the cars in the jy is cause it was sodomized by a pickup. ;) I also like the extra bit o power from a topswap :)

With how cheap and plentiful L67s are why would you bother starting with a L36, then you have to regasket the thing right off the hop?

Most the l67s i come accross have been badly abused. The good ones are horribly overpriced. The l36 im getting is CHERRY, 60k miles, to oil is spotless, the coolant was like brandnew and to top it off i found detailed service history in the glovebox. Reason the cars in the jy is cause it was sodomized by a pickup. ;) I also like the extra bit o power from a topswap :)

I purchased an engine like that. Something like 70k or 80K miles on it, out of a wrecked Oldsmobile Eighty Eight. Heard it run, ran great, it was nice and clean, etc etc...

Guess what lost oil pressure 12 miles after the install and is sitting on the floor in my garage :confused:

This one comes with a warrantee :)

I purchased an engine like that. Something like 70k or 80K miles on it, out of a wrecked Oldsmobile Eighty Eight. Heard it run, ran great, it was nice and clean, etc etc...

Guess what lost oil pressure 12 miles after the install and is sitting on the floor in my garage :confused:

Yeah its been the plan to do a topswapped 3.8 in my car since nearly the beginning :)

I ordered my L36 and 4t65e from Morad parts. had the engine and trans in for two years and no problems. Installed the top swap back in October and everything running great.

I started pulling heads at the jy a yr and a half ago to check out potential l67 swap candidates(planned on doing hgs anyway) I found busted and/or cracked pistons, scoured cylinder walls(why do people insist on running colder than 180* t-stats), stress cracked blocks,and sludge out the ass. So i started pulling heads on l36s, for the most part they were in WAY better condition. Fewer cracked pistons and the only ones i found with marked cylinders had crazy high mileage

Yeah its been the plan to do a topswapped 3.8 in my car since nearly the beginning :)

• 6 months later...

Guess this thread should b renamed to "the quest for MORE sc power". ;) currently l67 swapped, 3.4 pulley, headers, ported sc lim and tb, ap 104s, 180* t stat, MONSTER k and n, borlas. :)