• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonpro03

• Psych0matt

• RobertISaar

• Heartbeat1991

Sunday is the day! I'll officially start work on the forgotten TGP.

Saturday is, clean out the second garage bay and make room for the TGP, day, and Sunday will be tear shit apart day.

I'll take pics

I ended up spending most of my time on the garage and not the car. My garage needed a good cleaning though.

Then I pulled the TGP out of the garage for a bath. While it was out, I did suspension on my buddies civic, which ended up taking all day. Civic looks amaze though.

l2mYfz1g0PiGs7YuzMe3cPR5ccCl2Z3z6qP6E_ulycKl8CvD7ut2X5w0zYsflp-LUnrPL1TdOVE=w1834-h899

KV4yxAJx8QEivnq9FH7KGY1xUG8ctP_LDZRWAjeMesxgeQTHG6teI6akF1aJflHOJinVKw633AA=w1834-h899

Edited by Jonpro03

• 9 months later...

I really can't decide between 'big plans' or restoration. I mean, it's already been converted to 5speed and had (most of) the interior changed to gray... It's also missing the PCM and I have the megasquirt from TGP 1.0...

Probably going to be big plans.

By the way, I need a getrag if anyone has one.

OR

Since I have everything getrag 284 except the transmission, and 284's are impossible to find, maybe I should consider an F40?

Edited by Jonpro03
Added some awesome

light fabrication required, you may need to run something other than a stock flywheel/clutch combo though.... ones that have been sent out for testing appear to start having issues around 265 lb-ft, that appears to be the limit of the dual-mass setup before it starts slipping internally.

light fabrication required, you may need to run something other than a stock flywheel/clutch combo though.... ones that have been sent out for testing appear to start having issues around 265 lb-ft, that appears to be the limit of the dual-mass setup before it starts slipping internally.

I fear not these things which you describe.

Is there a build thread I can reference? I remember some dude on clubgp did it before. Not sure he made a build thread though.

Also, this?

http://www.amazon.com/Turbonetics-Charger-T04e-60-Journal-11021/dp/B00408K2B0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=13HXEVBQTFN3MJPAFTW8

With dis:

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Garrett-Turbonetics-Standand-Adaptor/dp/B005GQMEBQ/ref=sr_1_14?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1436409563&sr=1-14&keywords=5+bolt+wastegate

Edited by Jonpro03
Added some epic

gpchris had a thread with many pictures in it at one point, but all of the pics are gone now.

a T04E-60 is probably a little large for a gen2 considering I calculated a T04E-46 and T04E-50 being a good match for a small port 3100. build-dependent, I guess.

gpchris had a thread with many pictures in it at one point, but all of the pics are gone now..

There is indeed a thread on clubgp where someone swapped one into a 2nd gen GTP. Not gonna go find it since Clubgp makes their forum a nightmare to search, but it's there. TON of good pics and info for any gen W. I never did see the thread of GPChris's. He always seemed so secretive when asked anything about it like he wanted to be the only one do the swap.