TGP Version 2.0

Jonpro03

Feeling a lot better about the interior now that it's somewhat clean. The carpet is brand new (definitely not original). Anyone interested in gray AQ9s? No rips, but it looks like there is a mismatched piece of plastic on each, and they're dirty.

IMG_20130831_125512.jpg

IMG_20130831_125453.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonpro03

• Psych0matt

• RobertISaar

• Heartbeat1991

factory method is via a PWM signal.... so i don't see why not.

the trick is doing it in closed loop using the cam sensor signal. i think it has 4 notches on it? probably 3 at a shared interval(240 crank degrees) with 1 at a different interval for cylinder ID purposes. that's the portion i'm having issues with due to some hardware missing from the PCM i've been playing with.

factory method is via a PWM signal.... so i don't see why not.

the trick is doing it in closed loop using the cam sensor signal. i think it has 4 notches on it? probably 3 at a shared interval(240 crank degrees) with 1 at a different interval for cylinder ID purposes. that's the portion i'm having issues with due to some hardware missing from the PCM i've been playing with.

Who do we know that has a lz9 and a scope?

Looks to me like the MS3 is a good fit for an LZ9. http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/vvt.html

I think it's only $80 more than the MS2. Can't say the same about the lz9, $650 for 100k miles. That and it would probably eat a 282 for breakfast, especially with the help of a turbo.

I already know how to read the 58x CPS so I can use the factory ignition. Hmmm

Also, I (properly) cleaned the car today. I am 99.9% sure that the car has been repainted. I think TGPs had black/gold metallic paint, but this is black/silver metallic. I'll get some pics after wax.

EDIT: Oh and Saar, I might just swap the trans and see where I stand with the current engine. PCM is missing a chip though. Do you have a TGP 5spd tune you can send me?

Edited by Jonpro03

Can't. No memcal, let alone tune. Hopefully robert can come through for meh. It would be nice to be able to move it instead of pushing it everywhere, but I'm not going anywhere without a transmission.

It looks like the rust is not beyond repair, but it's bad. At least, I need to fab up some trailing arm mounts. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond that. Tear down coming soon.

Damn man, welcome back to the insanity.

That engine bay didn't even look like it was capable of functioning with all of that bullshit debris :lol:

Definitely looks a ton better, can't wait for some updates!

Working on it. Still haven't seen under the car. Tires went flat so it's just sitting in the back alley waiting to be pushed into the garage. Garage is all set for a major undertaking though, just not sure if it will be this car.

Might have a replacement trans lined up :D

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...