Performance chip

ACTdryice

I don't think JET makes one for TGPs, if they do I wouldn't trust it.

There have been a few over the years, if you can find one the old JeffM TopGun160 chips are alright, I'm running one of those right now... JeffM has been gone from the community for years though.

Then there were the Kaz Motorsports HotTune chips that Kenny - (TGPilot) used to sell, but he's long out of it, however, Adam (FlybyNite, Turbo V-Sick) From my understanding did a lot of the tuning for Kenny on those chips and he's still active so he might be a good avenue to pursue.

That said, Rob Saar has the bins from a couple TG160 chips and I think if you ask he'd be willing to burn one, you'd just need a Moates G1 adapter, or solder the chip right into a donor memcal.

JET has made such crap for so long of time.... they even have/had a "chip" for the 93-95 3100 cars... you plug it in between the harness connectors of the PCM and it magically makes it run like crap for a few minutes until the PCM goes closed loop and then you're back to factory condition. required 160* thermostat and premium fuel, +250HP. :lol:

just to be clear, i offer no "support" on the TG160. it's not my work, but people still want them, so i'll burn them upon request. i'm sure it's a step above the factory calibration in quite a few areas though.

The TG160 is a good, if conservative chip. It was supposed to fix a lot of the drivability issues with the stock calibration. 160* thermostat is required as well as its recommended you ditch the stock air intake for a cone filter or something better.

however I could do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds with nothing but the top gun chip and x-over pipe combined with a K/N filter back when I had the stock turbo

The TG160 or TG180 are great for the enthusiasts that want a step above factory calibration. On the other hand someone who want's to get the most out of their TGP safely should consider one of my tunes. Yes I did help Kenny with his 5 speed TGP back in 2005 and yes he made some changes to call it his own and sold it for a profit. I have never actually had a Kenny hottune to compare to mine but from what I remember he just dialed the AFR in on the dyno as per my instructions. I even named my tune for him the Kenny hottune. :roll: The product I put out now is light years from what I was doing back then. Still curious how this info came out as I rarely discussed with anyone. :confused:

The product I put out now is light years from what I was doing back then. Still curious how this info came out as I rarely discussed with anyone. :confused:

Old TGPForums posts where you and Kenny were discussing tuning probably.

That said, Rob Saar has the bins from a couple TG160 chips and I think if you ask he'd be willing to burn one, you'd just need a Moates G1 adapter, or solder the chip right into a donor memcal.

I take it chips aren't just reburned and plugged back in, it takes some sort of 3rd party hardware too? I'd like some sort of tune on the TGP (and will have to if I swap in the 282 I have), but know nothing about OBD1 tuning. I do have some sort of memcal that supposedly has a rudimentary 5 speed tune on it that belonged to Josh. Anyone here burn that for him and know what was on it? AUFR is the code on the cal.

while you can erase and reporgam the 27C256 that is in the MEMCAL, they're pretty much at their end of life and will begin failing randomly(as if they don't already). i remove and solder in 27SF512s, which are rated for over 100 year lifespans and 1000 erase/write cycles.

AUFR was the 2nd to latest calibration GM released for TGPs.