SOLVED - Has the BCM/Passlock crapped the bed on my 06 GP?

98LuminaLTZ

Started out this past weekend with the GP starting, and dying as soon as I would put it in gear, then displaying "low fuel" in the DIC, now its a no crank, no start, with continued "low fuel" in DIC.

It is NOT low on fuel, there is about 1/4 to 1/2 tank left, despite the gauge and DIC showing that its out.

I have tried the "10 minuet" passlock relearn process thinking that maybe it forgot itself when I pulled the battery, but it has not helped, and its not showing any service theft system or security LED telltale to make me think that is the problem.

I had a similar no crank, no start a while back on my Lumina, but that ended up just being loose wires on its passkey (despite also not having a security telltale :bs:) This time I am not so lucky, I have unplugged and replugged the BCM to no avail. I also checked all fuses and relays, and all connections to the fuse box.

What do you folks think, am I hosed? Should I tow to GM dealer to check out, and probably rake me over the coals for a new BCM and programming? Or does anyone have any ideas I could try myself first?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 98LuminaLTZ

Check your fuel pressure first... I have seen an ignition switch cause this problem

Fuel pump doesn't come on, don't have a gauge to actually check the rail for pressure though (might have to rent one and see).

I thought ignition switch too, I know that happens with some regularity on GMs, but it acts the same when I attempt to remote start, I would think if it was the switch that it would remote start fine, just not key-start, no?

EDIT: I should also note, I plugged my generic code scanner into this to see if there were any codes I could read (figured since it flashed low fuel, there might be something else of note, code wise), it can't even communicate with the vehicle (I plugged scanner into our other cars and they still came up, so scanner is fine). Makes me think more and more that the BCM/PCM might have sh1t the bed.

Edited by 98LuminaLTZ
see edit

Just seem to have solved my own issue, I had checked all the cabling to PCM and BCM (re-seated all plugs, etc), checked cables to fuse boxes, but I had neglected the main engine ground, gave it a little tug, got in turned the key and she fired right up :-/

Now to put this mofo back together and find a buyer for it because I need the money more than I need FOUR cars :-/