Fuse blowing issue

Psych0matt

So the other day my stereo fuse started blowing every time I power the car on. Didn't happen til the other day, and I hadn't changed anything in weeks. I unplugged the stereo, and plugged in the stock stereo. When I turned the key on the stock stereo displayed the time as normal, but when I hit the power button, it popped the ELEC fuse... So I'm confused, and all my wiring looks more than fine. Thoughts?

since it happens with both radios, feels like a wiring issue.... or perhaps an issue with shorted speakers(assuming any are driven directly off of the radio).

I got to thinking, when I don't have the harness to the aftermarket stereo plugged in it blew the ELEC fuse, but with that harness/stereo plugged in it blew the stereo fuse... I'm gonna have to pick up a pack of fuses, unwire everything, and try to rewire it one by one

[h=5]pretty sure I've narrowed my fuse popping issue to simply this: Too many wires, too little space. Will fix soon, probably by surgery[/h]

have fun cleaning up wiring. I spend lots of time doing it. at least it kind of isolated itself for you to find.

I always feel dirty if it's not bulletproof. and when it is, my anxiety becomes manageable.

cut out a small section of the plastic toward the drivers side, and it gave me some room to slide the wires out the back, giving me plenty of room. Once I got the right tool, took me all of 30 seconds. Seems like I have fixed the problem. We'll see

I lied, it seems I had too many things connected to the ACC turn on (sub, stock amp, swrc, and I thought one more thing that I cant remember)

Soooooo.... Narrowed it down to a short somewhere in the amp turn on :rolleyes:

and by that I mean my amp turn on wire was more or less wired directly to chassis ground!