Monte Carlo Z34 5-speed swap HOW-TO

carkhz316

• 2 months later...

Just a little update. I finally got around to playing with HP Tuners a few days ago and turned off/ disabled all the trans codes and now the cruise control works. My wiring procedure for the clutch switch works as planned too. With a touch of the brake pedal or the clutch pedal the cruise disables as expected.

I'm guessing some folks just have general problems with the cruise being inoperable. In the case of the manual trans swaps, it's a matter of either the range position switch being in the right position to enable cruise (drive range) and/ or the trans codes inhibiting cruise. My dumb ol' Haynes manual doesn't give pin numbers/ letters for most of the wiring diagrams (cruise control module included) so I had to do some digging to guess which one of the 2 dark green wires was the VSS and which one was the cruise inhibit. I thought if I bypassed the the inhibit signal that it would force the cruise to engage. It turns out I had pulled the VSS wire instead, because when I plugged it back in (after already turning off the trans codes in the PCM) it started working. Regarding the wiring I did in my swap: that was just for the disable to work with the clutch pedal as well as the brake. While not absolutely necessary, I wanted the redundant, factory like function of it; and for safety and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup i like hard copies of info i need in case the electronic source fails or i go very long w/o net service. Printed bumpin96montes l67 swap how to off mymonte.com, 6 monthes later the forum died

You actually printed this thread?

Yup i like hard copies of info i need in case the electronic source fails or i go very long w/o net service. Printed bumpin96montes l67 swap how to off mymonte.com, 6 monthes later the forum died

Ugh. We died a slow painful death. I wish chad would have switched over to here. I think he pops up on MCF every once in awhile, but I would love to know how he's doing with the whipple set up these days.