Location of AC charge point 1989 GTP

alucardinc

My AC needs recharging and I have been told where the AC charge point is on my beast, 1989 McLaren GP Turbo but still can't find it.

I was told is was near the centre at the back of the engine, but can't see it no matter how long I look.

Mind you I don't even know what it should look like.

Does anyone have a picture showing exactly where it is, it would help me enormously.

It's basically a large tire fill valve. High and low side are both behind the intake area, rear right side of the engine bay.

Awful pic I know, but they're down in that area. Not actually visible in this pic, just to kinda show the area

post-3298-143689133392_thumb.jpg

Many thanks, your a star, found the high and low points exactly where your arrows pointed. I was looking in totally the wrong place as I was told they were elsewhere.

Since I found the ports I then got a local specilaist in today to refill or retrofit from R12. A problem, he didn't have a high side adapter which would fit. He had loads of adapters but they were all too big. His info says that R12 High Side ports should be 7/16 but mine appears to be smaller, around 5/16" OD. My question now is: is this normal on these cars and where can you get an adapter?

Yeap, I got my adaptor kit, in the retrofit kit. Works Perfectly..

And just for the record... Its TGP and NOT GTP!